Bagpipes! Yes. Really. Other instruments are here too, but the bagpipe tracks are where it’s at. (super) old school drone.
Try 1, 6, 7
1. (4:25) unified bagpipe drone. Sort of starts to sound strained after a while. Very offputting, very strange. Sounds like it could be about a thousand ‘pipes going at once.
2. (21:07) sparse, quiet, alice-in-wonderland dreamy harp tickle. could work well with Monroe Golden’s microtonal keyboard stuff. Really really slow. Gets a little skittish after minute 18.
3. (2:53) dynamic, woven, threaded bagpipe duet.
4. (9:41)Lush cello meadow, goofy-as-fuck vocals. Has an odd eastern feel too it.
5. (5:31) bagpipe trio goes big, doesn’t go home.
6. (22:37) bursts of psychotic and messy orchestra rehearsal warm ups. Not as droney as the title would have you believe.
7. (4:15) probably the best bagpipe pick of the set. A cleaner, higher, sweeter sound.