|Mij / Yodeling Astrologer|
|Add Date:||2010-02-14||Pull Date:||2010-04-18|
|Week Ending:||18 Apr||11 Apr||21 Mar||7 Mar||28 Feb||21 Feb|
|1.||Thu, 15 Apr 10:||Brick|
|4.||Fri, 05 Mar 10:||Barbra Anne|
The Courtesy Flush
|2.||Wed, 07 Apr 10:||DJ PJs|
|5.||Wed, 24 Feb 10:||the great ponzi|
behold... the tetrahedron of infinite gloom
|3.||Wed, 17 Mar 10:||Adam|
|6.||Sat, 20 Feb 10:||the BIG CHIEF|
On The Warpath
A hidden gem that makes you wonder if Donovan secretly hid out and decided to make complex and impassioned psyche folk under an assumed name. Recorded in New York in 3 hours in 1969, this stuff is all drenched in reverb and the guitar emits the warmest and most delicious timbre. And the story behind this record is truly astounding, so take some time to google it. All tracks are highly recommended.
Try: 2(!), 7, 9
1. (3:59) now that’s how you record a guitar. jeez.
2. (7:08) epic cross between a spaghetti western, downright enraged 90s acoustic indie, country ballads, and too-cool Middle Eastern rebellion soundtracks.
3. (3:20) This track really brings out the Donovan in him, even down the subtle voice warbles.
4. (4:23) childish, slower, sparser, more reserved.
5. (3:46) Odd sounds & voices impossibly juxtaposed with a straightforward and beautiful folk tune.
6. (4:51)A more jangly and melodic tune.
7. (4:24) precisely echoed guitar becomes a second instrument.
8. (4:27) 15 seconds of convo before this shimmering sparkling guitar cascade rushes towards you. Dream-world astrology.
9. (8:01) Strikingly similar to the work Brian Eno did with sitarist Laraaji. An unstoppable stampede of a thousand strings alternately plucked and reverberating. The true meaning of psychadelia.
|1.||Two Stars||5.||Lookin' Out Today|
|2.||Grok (Martian Love Call)||6.||Door Keys|
|3.||Romeo & Juliet||7.||Planet Of A Flower|
|4.||Little Boy||8.||Never Be Free|
|9.||Look Into The (K)Night|