Excellent, excellent, excellent album! Just play it, it’s so good! Mature Kings of Leon with The Raconteurs’ guitars. I could even venture so far as to say they sound like the Allman Brothers Band. That’s their sound: southern Rock and Roll with blues undertones. Any song is great, with my favorites being 2, 4, 9, 10. FCC clean.
1. Heavy blues power song. Very fast paced and high energy.
*2. This song is electric! Guitar opens up and keeps it coming. Fast guitar riffs with great bass and pleading lyrics. Amazing!
3. A more muted sound. Reminds me of something by The Smashing Pumpkins’, but I can’t pin point the exact song. Fake ending halfway through.
*4. Slower song, Americana inspired sung with a shaky voice- so cool!
5. Ominous entrance- very hard-rock sound, then saunters down to Americana and goes from one to the other throughout the song. Piano and organ bring it together.
6. Another slower song. Piercing vocals lead the song, which ends on a nostalgic note with piano and humming.
7. Big, reverberating entrance that builds into an amazing chorus with a lot of layers.
8. Classic rock guitar lick at the beginning, joined by rhythm guitars and drums, turning into a song that could be on an album of the Band’s.
*9. Big, loud entrance for a larger than life rock song. 30s of feedback at end.
*10. Bluesy, sad song with what sounds like slide guitar in the background, and strings. 17s fadeout.