|Themselves / Crownsdown|
|Add Date:||2010-02-14||Pull Date:||2010-04-18||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||14 Mar||7 Mar||28 Feb||21 Feb|
|1.||Mar 11, 2010:||The Machine Stops |
Roman Is As Roman Does
|3.||Feb 25, 2010:||Folktronic |
Roman Is As Roman Does
|2.||Mar 05, 2010:||FLASHBANG TIDBITTT |
Gangster Of Disbelief
|4.||Feb 14, 2010:||FLASHENTINES DAY |
Roman Is As Roman Does, Gangster Of Disbelief
Bad-ass Oakland rap with blistering flow. This is the side collaboration project of Anticon’s DoseOne and Jel and is their first album together in six years. Both artists have released countless albums to critical acclaim under their bands Subtle, 13 & God, cLOUDDEAD, etc. Although they usually focus on art-rock/hip-hop, Themselves is their go-to project when they want to break out some seriously gnarly rap songs. Although there are only 2 tracks without FCCs, you should play them because they are totally flash. If you want some street cred, bust this out,suckas. |
FCC: 1,2,3,5,6,8,9,10 TRY: 4,7
1. FCC (motherfucker) Great, super deep bassbeats, creepy futuristic sound effects and distorted vocals.
2. FCC (fuck) Gritty slamming beats...amazingly sharp flow.
3. FCC (fuck) Slow, echoing beat…dark moody atmosphere with looped guitar samples.
*4. Deep distorted rap with harsh drumset drumming and eerie synth lines. Lots of choppity syncopated lines and experimental singers. Awesome.
5. FCC (fuck) Distorted tape-loop intro. Strange synth lines, crunchy drums.
6.FCC (motherfucker) Auto-tune? Some spastic singing, frantic rapping over a crazy trainwreck of a beat. So gnarly.
*7. Several layers of sound, with lots of clanky percussion. Washes of noise, background singers, tinkly electronic beats. The last 30 seconds are a sort of deep bass jam. This track isn’t quite as frantic and in-your-face as the others, but it’s still nice and gritty.
8. FCC (fuck) Heavy grinding beat, chopped up vocals, drumset mixed with electronic drums.
9. FCC (motherfucker) Old-school retro synth intro leads into nasal vocals, slow spoken word.
10. FCC (shit) Slower rap, guest vocals, clanging drums. The last minute is some old 1950’s movie soundtrack mixed with spoken word and noise.
|1.||Backiiburn||6.||You Ain't It|
|2.||Oversleeping||7.||Roman Is As Roman Does|
|3.||Themark||8.||Skinning The Drum|
|4.||Gangster Of Disbelief||9.||Deadcatclearii|
|5.||Daxstrong||10.||Gold Teeth Will Roll|