|Editors / In This Light And On This Evening|
|Album:||In This Light And On This Evening||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2010-03-21||Pull Date:||2010-05-23|
|Week Ending:||16 May||2 May||18 Apr||11 Apr||4 Apr||28 Mar|
|1.||Sun, 08 Apr 12:||Mir|
|4.||Sun, 29 Jan 12:||Mir|
|2.||Sun, 11 Mar 12:||Mir|
|5.||Thu, 24 Mar 11:||Marisa|
|3.||Fri, 03 Feb 12:||Merricat McGee|
|6.||Thu, 13 May 10:||FLASHBANG|
FLASHBANG RADIO EPISODE #A
Third studio record from this group, which basically sounds like 80’s Depeche Mode, Gino Vanelli, and maybe a little Tears for Fears in the mix. Electronic music with an industrial sound. Heavy on the poly synth and at times the vocals sound almost recited. I’m a bigger fan of their past work, but hey, that’s me. If you miss the 80’s, this is your album. FCC on 8. Try 5, 6,|
1. Very dark track. Begins with steady vocals and sounds of a synth, and then builds with heavy guitar and drums.
2. Less dark than opening track- less synth, more vocals, but still an electronic track about war. Metallic sounds half-way through.
3. Sounds so much like the 80’s! Synth takes center stage of course, lyrics are kind of weird, but they’re not central to the song.
4. Slower song about running from the CIA (?). Background chorus and strings give it a larger-than-life feel.
*5. Slower song, the keeper off this album. The vocals sound like Paul Banks, the guy from Interpol.
*6. Another slow song. Almost foreboding, with an electrical guitar that takes the limelight from the synth.
7. Faster paced than the last three songs. 80’s sound is back.
8. Electronic music. Really good, even has a beat you can nod your head to. FCC: fucked. A shame because it’s the best track on the album.
9. Slow song. Strings coupled with the synth and a chorus and everything. A bit overdone.
|1.||In This Light And On This Evening||5.||The Big Exit|
|2.||Bricks And Mortar||6.||The Boxer|
|4.||You Don't Know Love||8.||Eat Raw Meat = Blood Drool|
|9.||Walk The Fleet Road|