|Mrafi / Desertificati|
|Label:||Le Arti Malandrine|
|Add Date:||2010-09-05||Pull Date:||2010-11-07||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||17 Oct||3 Oct||12 Sep|
|1.||Oct 14, 2010:||orangeasm |
Cinque E Cinque
|3.||Sep 09, 2010:||100 loss season |
|2.||Oct 02, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Jun 22, 2010:||Jena & Gomorrah |
Mrafi / Desertificati|
Moderately out sax/vibes/drums/bass quartet. Sax is sometimes buzzy, overblown, abrasive, or questionably intoned, but the vibes keep things from getting totally out there.
Best: 4, 8, 5, 9, 12
1. Mildly harsh sax skronking in the instrument's middle range; chiming vibes. More melodic, rhythmic end.
2. Tentative, playful vibes/bass---this one is vibe-led with occasional sax and drum interjections.
3. NB starts with a few vibe notes then has about ten seconds of silence. Kind of a disjointed feel but still tuneful. Squeaky sax.
4. Cool stuff, noiry but for the sour/sharp sax tone. Good bass work.
5. Fast 'n' boppy; more sour sax, nice vibes solo.
6. Soft, slow beginning; plonky and skronky stutters after.
7. Mostly a sax trio w/ vibes sitting out except for a weird marimba-sounding bit in the middle; midtempo sax + fast drums.
8. Delicate, ballad-ish beginning, before taking off; intense finish.
9. Similar feel to 5, but the sax is just a bit less user-friendly.
10. Woozy; bowed bass; sounds hung over; kinda drony.
11. Ballad-like all the way through!
12. Opens w/ what sounds like two saxes being played at once, dirgy, with at-sea bass line, into nice bass solo, band reenters climactically before great sax solo.
|2.||Chi Sei||8.||Il Sarto|
|3.||Contatti||9.||Cinque E Cinque|
|4.||Desertificati||10.||Mi Osservano Maledetti|
|5.||Freaks||11.||La Gallina Di Zamira|
|6.||La Casa Del Cattivo||12.||In Fiamme|