|Marinada / Za Zene I Muskarce|
|Album:||Za Zene I Muskarce||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-02-05||Pull Date:||2012-04-08|
|Week Ending:||12 Feb|
|1.||Wed, 08 Feb 12:||Alan|
|2.||Wed, 08 Feb 12:||Dr. Wormwood|
Modern Donkey - Perfect Moments
~ DISC I ~ |
Poppy, relaxed folk by an acoustic Croatian band. Lots of plucky guitar, pretty vocal harmonies, and simple, mostly cheerful piano lines. Pretty homogeneous stylistically, but there’s some good variety in terms of mood. (Most tracks, though, are variations on the theme “carefree.”) There are tinges of electronic and industrial here and there, most notably on the first two tracks, both of which feature looped vocal beats. Tracks end abruptly; crossfading recommended. No FCC’s.
1. (3:26) Chill, melancholy combination of electronics and acoustic balladry.
2. (3:09) Plucky guitar, calm vox. Nice harmonies.
3. (4:14)*** Minimalistic and moody. Sweet piano and moany vox.
4. (3:35) A fuller sound than the rest. Lighthearted; doesn’t really stand out.
5. (3:52) Warm sound suggestive of winter holidays. Cheerful electric guitar noodling throughout.
6. (3:47)*** An irresitably cheerful island-ey tune with a tinge of electronic/industrial.
7. (4:53)*** Warm and carefree. Will make you forget evil exists.
8. (2:27) Plucky ballad. Good cool-down song.
9. (2:41) The only song with synth. Pretty melodies, but nothing too memorable.
10. (4:05)*** Different time signature (6/8). A fitting end to any adventure.
~ DISC II ~
The mood is similar to the first disc. Of the three, this disc is the most chill, relaxing, and organic. Sometimes there is so little tension that it’s completely bland, but the tracks marked with asterisks are engaging enough. Avoid the songs toward the end of the disc. Tracks end abruptly. No FCC’s.
1. (3:06)*** Pretty, organic guitars build. Talking in background.
2. (3:08) Tender and warm. Intimate vocal harmonies.
3. (2:20) Odd mix of electronically looped guitars, claps, and chanting.
4. (2:28) Melancholy, minimal. Echoey percussion and nice vox.
5. (3:29) Pleasant and a little island-ey. Shaker is a nice touch.
6. (3:22)*** Ethereal oohs and aahs. Happy, but a little off-kilter.
7. (2:28) Heave! Ho! Chanting, weird as hell.
8. (2:48)*** Simple but somber. Plucky guitars and wispy vox.
9. (3:06) Bland, excepting some excellent whistling.
10. (3:06) Chill as it gets.
11. (2:30) Low vocal beat, nice harmonies.
12. (2:47) Odd moaning over a simple, repetitive piano line.
~ DISC III ~
The feel is not unlike disc 1, but there is a heavier emphasis on electronics and experimental sounds. Still fairly minimalistic. Nearly every track features a looped, slightly distorted vocal beat in the background. The highlights here are far more interesting than those of the first disc, but the mood is less relaxing overall. No FCC’s.
1. (3:25) Nice tropical “la-la-las” and sparse vocal beats.
2. (1:39) Mildly experimental a cappella moaning and speech.
3. (4:09)*** Beautifully tense chord progression. Sparse percussion and odd sounds fill out the space nicely.
4. (1:24) A big departure. Dark electronic vox loops.
5. (2:44) Plucky, playful acoustic guitar tune with odd vox.
6. (1:54) Playful vox-driven tune. Indie-folky.
7. (3:17)*** Adventuresome chord progression develops nicely.
8. (1:48)*** Brief but very pretty guitar tune. Whistling solo!
9. (2:51) Very odd vocal beat. Bittersweet.
10. (2:53)*** Awesome call and response b/n echoey percussion and guitar. Washed-out vox, prominent electronics.
11. (3:03)*** Bluesy guitar riff, cool percussion.
12. (3:47) Melancholy humming and ethereal guitar.
|2.||Za Pet||19.||Jz Ljubljane|
|4.||Lude Naocale||21.||Zaljubljeni Decko|
|7.||Jedan Covjek||24.||Bariton I Alt|
|8.||Sjena||25.||Java U Japankama|
|9.||Nekad Ide Sve||26.||Svijet|
|10.||Pasljednja Vecera||27.||Svecana Firzura|
|11.||Mob||28.||Od Sedam Do Tri|
|12.||Mala Soba||29.||Paljubac Za Sutra|
|14.||Drvo Zivota||31.||Covjek Od Akcije|
|17.||Dan I Noc||34.||Put|