|Artist:||Savage Republic||Added:||Feb 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-03-21||Pull Date:||2010-05-23|
|Week Ending:||May 16||May 2||Apr 25||Apr 18||Apr 11||Apr 4||Mar 28|
|1.||May 15, 2010:||Music Casserole
|4.||Apr 20, 2010:||The Orphanage
|2.||May 13, 2010:||Icecaps of White Noise
|5.||Apr 17, 2010:||Bloodstains Across Atherton-So Many Records, So Little Time
|3.||Apr 28, 2010:||"In Your Ear ..." with Bug, hmmmm ... been a long workday
|6.||Apr 15, 2010:||Hipster Garbage
Picks: 5, 6, 13, 2, 3, 12
1. Slow, brooding, dark... One of the few tracks with vocals. Sounds like it was beamed straight from 1982
*2. Marching beat, reminds me of some greek revolutionary songs. Aptly named marshall Tito!
*3. More new-wavey, like Joy Division. Poppy but very good.
4. More subdued, less energy, but still quite dark and ominous.
**5. Nice! Neubauten style percussion very prominent in this oriental sounding track.
**6. The album's tour de force. A 17 minute epic sprawl of complex percussion, violin and bass, makes this sound like a crazy Can jam.
7. Hah! Totally epic and melodic, could easily be a post-rock song like by say Explosions in the Sky, including the crescendo. Not bad at all.
8. Again marching band rhythm and noodling around for a couple of minutes...
9. Shouting, screaming, industrial percussion. Pretty standard sounding for SR
10. Banging on a gong or a metal sheet, background music to the approach of the bad guy...
11. Again sort of Balkan sounding, though this time they emulate the sound of a folk song. Quite well done
*12. Slow, twangy, western sounding. This is a ballad, or at least the closest thing to it in this album. Nice.
**13. Excellent closing track. Starts slow, and builds on top of this repetitive melody, embellished with some guitar twangs here and there, and then it suddenly explodes in the end. Good stuff.
|1.||1938||7.||Song For Rikki|
|2.||Marshal Tito||8.||White Ginger|