|Album:||Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants||Collection:||Hip-hop|
|Add Date:||2010-02-21||Pull Date:||2010-04-25||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||Apr 11||Apr 4||Mar 28||Mar 21||Mar 14||Mar 7||Feb 28|
|1.||Apr 10, 2010:||Music Cassrole
|4.||Mar 19, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO
Love And Loss
|2.||Mar 28, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO
|5.||Mar 14, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO
Deep Concentration, Crush
|3.||Mar 25, 2010:||PACKING WHEAT...WITH PURP.
|6.||Mar 07, 2010:||FLASHBANGRADIO
FCC: 1 TRY: 2,13,19,10,16,18,8,7
1. (FCC: fuck) Interesting combination of smooth jazz lines, female crooning, and xylophones
*2. Gentle piano intro leads into complex rhythmic patterns seasoned with strings and excellent R&B samples. Great jazz bits also.
3. Electro-tinged drum bombs, vocal samples, a slightly darker tone.
4. Drum and Bass line, haunting vocals, echoing guitar lines, bongos. Quick upbeat pace.
5. Deep, thumpin’ strummy bassline beats. Old movie conversation sample layered on top.
6. Tinkle piano intro into some straightforward cut-time drumming peppered with heavily distorted soul samples and strings.
*7. Funky-fresh 70’s feel. Choppy beat. Not as many layers of instrumentation, but still keeps it interesting.
*8. Old piano, echo effects and smooth vocals, haunting atmosphere.
9. One minute mix of mashup funk lines, bass drum bombs strange vox
*10. Great guitar strumming, steady drumming, vocal samples, even some live horns. Mellow.
11. Strong cello performances, funk, chopped up vocals, good breaks.
12. Steady drumming and gentle flutes. Halfway through the song the tempo dramatically increases and gets a little dancier.
*13. Syncopated beat, guitar effects, jangly percussion. Beautiful, airy vocals.
14. Spacey guitars, quick-tempo drumming.
15. 30-second track containing samples from a conversation about demo tape responses. I wouldn’t recommend it.
*16. Interesting string instruments, steady drumming, tempo changes, backwards tape loops, very varied and exciting.
17. Bubbling synth lines, xylophone, clanging drumming, bongos.
*18. synth lines, bongos, repeated sample of a very gravely “I feel good.” Sounds a little strange at first, but give it a chance. Tons of live horns, strings, percussion, etc.
*19. Slow 80’s sounding synth lines, brings Moby’s Last Night to mind. Sounds just like the track title: “Love and Loss,” with a heavy emphasis on the Loss. Breathy lyrics about yearning and missing past lovers. Awesome.
|1.||Rock It Number Nine||10.||Crush|
|2.||Urban Velvet||11.||Barbie Doll|
|3.||Brick And Mortar||12.||Lamenting Break|
|6.||Heaven Can Wait||15.||Demo Submission|
|7.||Let Your Hair Down Girl||16.||Deep Concentration|
|8.||Lonely Boy||17.||The Secret|
|9.||As If In A Dream||18.||I Feel Good|
|19.||Love And Loss|