|Glass Rock / Tall Firs Meet Soft Location|
|Album:||Tall Firs Meet Soft Location||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-04-03||Pull Date:||2011-06-05|
|Week Ending:||17 Apr|
|1.||Oct 02, 2016:||The Prism Experiment |
|3.||Apr 14, 2011:||meowgasm |
|2.||Apr 14, 2011:||Double Daydream Disaster |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Female-led group. Reminiscent of Edie Brickell or Mazzy Star. Has that same kind of sparse and spacey feeling. It’s indie and poppy. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, synth. Strong effort. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 4, 6, 7, 10.
1. (3:08) Mid. Jazzy, almost an improv feel. Dramatic, dreamy, catchy. Great guitar parts.
2. (3:02) Slow / Mid. Spacey, laid-back song, but also a bit jamming in parts.
3. (3;20) Slow / Mid. The effects give this song an outdoor feel. Echoey vocals, nice guitar work, plodding drums, laid-back and spacey.
4. *(2:50) Slow. Sparse and slow, lots of room to breathe. Breathy vocals. Guitar predominates.
5. (2:01) Mid. Guitar effects, almost a marching drum beat with hi-hat strikes. Loud and epic-sounding with a quick ending.
6. *(2:39) Mid. A near jamming feel within a structure. The song gives the sense of urgency, it’s really propelled by the beat.
7. *(2:39) Mid. Watery feel, cool guitar reverb, jazzy drums.
8. (2:29) Slow / Mid. Quick bass intro. Sparse, nice mellow and subtle guitar effects.
9. (2:43) Slow / Mid. Airy. Rising vocals, great drumming.
10. *(3;03) Slow. Acoustic guitar, dreamy, lots of room. Relationship song.
|2.||Ghost Of A Dream||7.||Lion Dance|
|3.||Possession||8.||U R Not Lonely|
|4.||Blues Spider||9.||Open Air|
|5.||Beach And Swimming Pool||10.||Take It Back|