When you look up rip-roaring psyche garage party fun dance music in the dictionary this is what falls on the floor and starts to cut your rug into shreds leaving sex smears. Incessant Farfisa organ and snotty sassy female distorted vocals typify this. As good as it gets. Weirdoes were Tucson homegrown stalwarts til they moved to SF about a year ago or so and have had their hand in reviving the garage psyche scene a la the days of The Purple Onion and Tom Guido. Check them out at Pissed Off Petes on south Mission (of all places, where me and old Chinese dudes buy cheap produce and chicken) and you might see a scene with the friggen Russell Quan, the Mummies, The Flakes, Spastics, the guy with the clipboard, hear hoots and hollers heard only on the Donna’s WNL performance from 1994. This shit is a one-band hurricane ripping the roof off the shed youre fucking like animals in. Every single track kicks ass, pick any (and check out their fine 7”s we have!!)
1) upbeat driving, what you’d expect from the best
2) a bit more hip shakin’
3) fun with hand claps and woo oooh oohhs
4) rockin fun, what else?
5) “teenage time bomb”, a great head bobbing hand clapping whoo hoo near-sing-along
6) rip roaring urgency, fuck yeah!!
7) a bit more surfy and swingy, hand clappy and good chorus hook
8) look out, guitar leads this and it head bobs and rocks, with vocals that in a more narcissistic studio would rival anything Gossip, Von Iva
9) fun stuff, “hey I’m okay”, cd ends too soon!