|Chet / Chelsea Silver, Please Come Home|
|Album:||Chelsea Silver, Please Come Home||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Absolutely Kosher Records|
|Add Date:||2010-05-30||Pull Date:||2010-08-01|
|Week Ending:||11 Jul||4 Jul||6 Jun|
|1.||Jul 08, 2010:||Abra's Airwaves |
|4.||Jun 28, 2010:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow - Quarterly Retrospective |
|2.||Jul 03, 2010:||Music Casserole |
The Night The Night
|5.||Jun 03, 2010:||Friend of Mine |
The Night The Night
|3.||Jul 01, 2010:||Abra's Airwaves |
|6.||Jun 01, 2010:||Scram! |
Saint Jerome, My Baby Tames Lions
Chet “Chelsea Silver, Please Come Home” Chet sounds like a blend of Jeff Buckley and Antony & the Johnsons – they make bold, quirky rock and their singer has some serious falsetto pipes! The songs are built from rumbling percussion and stark guitar work to create simple, beautiful rock that eventually coagulates chaotically with layers of violin and quirky keyboard bleeps. All in all, the work is pleasant as hell and well worth a play. Chet is Frog Eyes guitar player Ryan Beattie’s side project. |
NO FCCS; Start with 1,2 basil
1) *** Slow rumbling percussion, wirey call n’ response strat riffs & impressive falsetto crooning build to chaos at 5:30. Sounds like a blend of Andrew Bird & Bon Iver.
2) ** Calm, orchestral song about loving someone’s flaws “Ticket stubs, magazines, assorted mixture: I found your picture”
3) * Pleasant song of pulsing keyboard & steady strumming
4) * Ooooh can you hear Jeff Buckley in this one? His vox drip all over some simple bluesy guitar.
5) * 13 minute song opens with amazing falsetto work over a contained, cool guitar. Around min 6-7, the music turns into a swarm of falsetto, & by 8:15 there is some awesome angry harmony-making.
6) Sentimental country acoustic work + a sweet duet with a lady
7) Short Beirut-esque 1920s saloon-sounding duet with solemn piano backing.
|1.||The Night The Night||4.||The Clement|
|2.||Cautious Melody||5.||An Abiding Love Despite Adversarial Vice|
|3.||Saint Jerome, My Baby Tames Lions||6.||Every Night A Supper Wine|