|Toure, Ali Farka & Toumani Diabate / Ali And Toumani|
|Album:||Ali And Toumani||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Toure, Ali Farka & Toumani Diabate||Added:||02/2010|
|Add Date:||2010-02-28||Pull Date:||2010-05-02||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 May||25 Apr||18 Apr||11 Apr||4 Apr||28 Mar||21 Mar||14 Mar|
|1.||Feb 01, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Jul 10, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
|2.||Jan 11, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Jun 05, 2014:||The Sunset Life |
|3.||Jan 28, 2016:||Fela n Friends |
|6.||Apr 30, 2010:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Combining these two artists you just know magic will happen, and this doesn’t disappoint. Two geniuses at the top of their game teaming up for a tour-de-force where every track with worth at least two stars. With the late Ali on guitar and Toumani on kora, this release is non-stop gorgeous. You can almost feel the love and respect these two had for each other.|
1. Deceptively simple blend of strings that washes over you and catches you up in the rhythm. Instrumental.
2. Bright & lyrical, midtempo w/warm vocals & strings. Great!
3. Soft and warm duet, like a gentle warm breeze. So beautiful.
4. Upbeat and flowing w/wonderful harmonies & interplays.
5. Two stars playing together and apart, w/shakers & percussion.
6. Liquid and playful, the wonderful interplays are soft but dramatic
7. Vocals, midtempo and gentle w/delicious kora work especially.
8. Wonderful, joyful midtempo track w/excellent playing
9. Invented by Toumani on the spot. Sweet, relaxed kora.
10. Afro-blues guitar & strong kora. Inspiring, midtempo.
11. Relaxed, playful and warm w/a gentle sweetness. So good.
|2.||Sabu Yerkoy||7.||Sina Mory|