|Dead Westerns, the / Dead Westerns, The|
|Album:||Dead Westerns, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Dead Westerns, the||Added:||03/2010|
|Add Date:||2010-11-21||Pull Date:||2011-01-23|
|Week Ending:||23 Jan||16 Jan||9 Jan||2 Jan||26 Dec||19 Dec||12 Dec||5 Dec|
|1.||Thu, 22 Feb 18:||DJ Dissociation|
A Night on the Roof
|4.||Thu, 13 Jan 11:||Andy S|
|2.||Thu, 20 Jan 11:||Andy S|
|5.||Tue, 04 Jan 11:||Andy S|
|3.||Wed, 19 Jan 11:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|6.||Sun, 02 Jan 11:||FLASHBANG|
FLASHBANG RADIO: THE SHRED SLED
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Lots of stuff going on here, the most pervasive being the Dick Dale / Ennio Morricone sounding songs. They really have that Western movie and surf sound down. It’s a straight forward instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums and some keyboards. A bit all over the map sounding-wise, but somehow it works. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 4, 7, 8, 12.
1. *(2:42) Slow / Mid. Cool soundtrack sounding song from perhaps a Noir thriller. Very dramatic and pacing. Guitar solos, easy drumming.
2. (2:59) Slow / Mid. Dick Dale guitar sound in a western theme. At any moment you’d think a gun-fight was about to break out. Really has that Ennio Morricone sound. INSTRUMENTAL.
3. (2:40) Mid. Starts and ends with a soundbite of a Clint Eastwood film. The least cinematically sounding song thus far. Alt-country, indie sounding.
4. *(2:37) Mid. Nice galloping song. Vocal sounds a bit like Stan Ridgeway or Les Claypool.
5. (3:46) Mid / Fast. Cool reverb effects on the guitar, quite spacey. Breaks into a rollicking jam halfway through. Voice-overs near the end.
6. (2:32) Slow / Mid. Another cinematic western song, Dick Dale style. INSTRUMENTAL.
7. *(2:58) Slow / Mid. A ’50’s high school schlocky song, surf / country western style.
8. *(4:30) Mid. Guitar solo intro. Easy rollick with laid back vocal delivery. Kind of lame lyrics, but fun. Nice instrumental break with 1:52 remaining.
9. (2:47) Mid. More strange and fun lyrics over a playful tune.
10. (2:05) Mid / Fast. Voice-over beginning leads to a pounding, rollicking instrumental.
11. (2:44) Mid. A bit carnivalesque sounding, polka-like. Trippy lyrics. Fun.
12. *(3:23) Mid. Another fun song, great vocal delivery. Somehow reminiscent of a Chuck Berry driving song.
13. (2:59) Slow / Mid, then Fast. Return to a cinematic western, Morricone tune. Nice guitar work. Picks up pace toward the end. INSTRUMENTAL.
|1.||Stalling||7.||Don't Murder Me Now|
|2.||The Colorado Room||8.||Atlas|
|3.||Whiskey Breath||9.||The Black Cat|
|4.||From The Moon Down To The Earth||10.||Broke Fist|
|5.||When It's Over||11.||Her Bones|
|6.||Thunder Road||12.||Pull The Trigger|