|You Say Party! We Say Die! / Xxxx|
|Artist:||You Say Party! We Say Die!||Added:||03/2010|
|Label:||Paper Bag Records|
|Add Date:||2010-03-28||Pull Date:||2010-05-30|
|Week Ending:||30 May||23 May||16 May||9 May||2 May||25 Apr||18 Apr||11 Apr|
|1.||Sat, 25 May 13:||Eme O|
|4.||Sat, 30 Apr 11:||Eme O|
|2.||Sat, 20 Apr 13:||Merricat McGee|
|5.||Sat, 03 Jul 10:||Eme O|
|3.||Fri, 27 Jan 12:||Merricat McGee|
|6.||Thu, 27 May 10:||GreenBean|
poetry in parlando ft marsupial marie
Subdued dance music with some punk in the mix. For people craving an 80’s revival (Siouxsie and the Banshees, anyone?). XXXX stands for “love” on this album, by the way. Overall, a fun, catchy album to listen to.|
1. Starts slow, with vocals and some synth. Then it builds and. acquires a beat.
*2. Guitar riff kicks this one off--sounds like 80’s girl punk!
3. Soft-beat electronica with pleading, dramatic vocals.
4. A little dance/girl punk number. Call and response lyrics. Actually kind of catchy at the end.
*5. Mid-tempo dance number with a catchy chorus and fabulously weird lyrics.
6. Up-tempo dance/punk song. Several pauses.
*7. Catchy, mid-tempo dance beat with sugary vocals and a great synth riff.
8. Another dance song, this time slower and more goth. Meh.
9. Most disturbing lyrics I’ve ever heard. Very dark, ominous guitar hook at the beginning of the song. Interesting sound, with echoing vocals and synth riffs.
10. Slow song with strings and reverberating vocals--big instrumental ending.
|1.||There Is Xxxx (Within My Heart)||6.||Make Xxxx|
|2.||Glory||7.||Laura Palmer's Prom|
|3.||Dark Days||8.||She's Spoken For|
|4.||Cosmic Wanship Avengers||9.||Xxxx/Loyalty|
|5.||Lonely's Lunch||10.||Heart Of Gold|