|So Shush / Manchester Times|
|Add Date:||2011-03-06||Pull Date:||2011-05-08|
|Week Ending:||8 May||1 May||24 Apr|
|1.||May 06, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Apr 19, 2011:||Bisous Bijoux |
Heaven And Earth's Deep Heat
|2.||Apr 27, 2011:||The Donner Party |
But A Delight
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
This is the third release from the UK duo of Carole Smart and Ian Drumm. It has that definite UK pop feel. Carole does the vocals, Ian the guitar and keys, others the drum and bass. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 5, 6, 9.
1. (3:15) Mid. Jangly pop, tambourine, guitar solo. Catchy.
2. (2:53) Mid. Cool acoustic guitar backed with upbeat drumbeats. Kind of dreamy, slightly echoey vocals.
3. *(3:33) Mid. Crunchy guitar, cymbal hits. A cappella phrase with 0:34 left.
4. (3:49) Slow / Mid. Ethereal, dreamy pop. Echoey vocals, guitar solo. More a cappella with 0:54 left.
5. *(3:53) Mid. Guitar intro, a bit heavy. A little more musically adventurous than the other songs. Lyrical reference to the ’60’s.
6. *(3:14) Mid. Spacey, guitar effects. Really guitar heavy. Plodding drums. Song mostly about drugs.
7. (3:01) Mid. Instrumental intro, guitar heavy. Poppy, kinda catchy.
8. (3:51) Slow / Mid. Sparse, acoustic guitar intro. Gets poppy. Musically, almost an Edie Brickell feel.
9. *(3:12) Mid / Fast. Rockin’, really loud and urgent lyrics and instrumentation. Screaming guitar. Kind out of place here, but catchy.
|1.||Madchester Times||5.||Sixties Planet|
|2.||But A Delight||6.||Made Us Slaves To It|
|3.||Every Day||7.||Beast Of The Forest|
|4.||Shiny Things||8.||Heaven And Earth's Deep Heat|