|Miranda, Holly / Magician's Private Library, The|
|Album:||Magician's Private Library, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Miranda, Holly||Added:||Mar 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-05-23||Pull Date:||2010-07-25|
|Week Ending:||Jul 25||Jul 18||Jul 4||May 30|
|1.||Jan 02, 2011:||According To Esquire:The Best Of 2010 |
No One Just Is
|4.||Jun 27, 2010:||Value Machine |
|2.||Jul 18, 2010:||the velvet futon |
No One Just Is
|5.||May 27, 2010:||The Knife |
|3.||Jul 11, 2010:||the velvet futon |
Forest Green, Oh Forest Green
|6.||May 25, 2010:||Scram! |
Lush indie pop with murmuring female vocals. The voice sounds a lot like Cat Power but the overall sound is closer to Broken Social Scene (the early stuff), Jeff Buckley’s Grace, or the Cocteau Twins. Very beautiful and heartfelt. Try 2, 3, 4, 10. FCC on 7.|
1. Mid-tempo song, with some trumpets in the background, and layered vocals.
*2. Falsetto female vocals, heavy on the bass line, otherworldly effect, very ethereal and mystic. Halfway through, it implodes and takes off. Beautiful layered effect.
*3. The single. Slow, brooding, and very beautiful.
*4. Darker, with an ominous organ-like sound. Halting and almost sinister. Really interesting.
5. Another slow song. Very spacey, with echoing vocals.
6. Faster paced, with a set drum line and a lot of percussion and brass going on.
7. FCC “bullshit”. Although it’s so good! Syncopated beat and everything…
8. Slow, languid, based on heavy piano chords.
9. Very slow, with a heavy bass line and tremolo on the guitar. Very airy and echo-y. *10. Slide guitar opens up the song, quite unexpected! Mid-tempo, soft, with a lumbering chorus and lush instrumentation at the end.
|1.||Forest Green, Oh Forest Green||6.||Sweet Dreams|
|2.||Joints||7.||Everytime I Go To Sleep|
|4.||No One Just Is||9.||Canvas|
|5.||Slow Burn Treason||10.||Sleep On Fire|