|Lay Low / Farewell Good Night's Sleep|
|Album:||Farewell Good Night's Sleep||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Lay Low||Added:||Mar 2010|
|Add Date:||2011-02-13||Pull Date:||2011-04-17|
|Week Ending:||Apr 17||Mar 13||Mar 6|
|1.||Apr 09, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
The Reason Why My Heart's In Misery
|4.||Apr 12, 2011:||Bisous Bijoux |
Days Have Been
|2.||Apr 15, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Why Do I Worry?
|5.||Mar 11, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
Last Time Around
|3.||Apr 13, 2011:||The Donner Party |
Why Do I Worry?
|6.||Mar 10, 2011:||Double Daydream Disaster |
By And By
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
An album full of lost and losing love, Farewell Good Night’s Sleep has a classic country sound with plodding drums, pedal steel and acoustic guitars. Female vocals by London-born Lovisa Elisabet Sigrunardottir sound a lot like Jolie Holland or, from yore, Dusty Springfield or, maybe, Petula Clark. The songs start to sound quite similar, yet are very well done. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 4, 6, 7, 11.
1. (5:40) Slow. Very mellow and slow vocal delivery. Dark lyrics, plodding instrumentation of drums, piano / organ, guitar.
2. (3:12) Mid. Bright, bouncy and light, yet lyrically cold and depressing. Cool snare drum.
3. *(2:55) Slow / Mid. Country-ish with the pedal steel. Slow vocal delivery. Another downer, lyrically. A timeless song, could have been recorded in the ’50’s or ’70’s.
4. *(3:11) Mid. Nice use of hi-hat, acoustic guitars. Another country sounding song, yet this one’s quite upbeat. Almost a whispered vocal delivery.
5. (3:24) Slow / Mid. Pedal steel with very sparse drumming. Cool piano breaks. Has that hollow sounding vocal effect.
6. *(3:42) Slow. A classic sounding country song, like you’ve heard it before - and it’s really cool. Very thoughtful lyrics and very much another downer, but quite alluring.
7. *(3:28) Mid. Quite a different sound from the rest, it stands out and rightly so. Catchy with a surf sound on the guitar, jazzy, and a bit rocking.
8. (3:28) Slow / Mid. Nice acoustic guitar with vocal. Questioning lyrics about her relationship. Piano adds a playful flourish.
9. (3:05) Slow / Mid. Classic country sound. Song about losing love. Great pedal steel.
10. (3:05) Mid. Heavy pedal / dobro, sparse drumming. Backing vocals.
11. *(2:38) Slow. Not love lost entirely here, there’s hope in the lyrics!!
|1.||I Forget It's There||6.||Farewell Good Night's Sleep|
|2.||By And By||7.||Why Do I Worry?|
|3.||The Reason Why My Heart's In Misery||8.||Days Have Been|
|4.||Last Time Around||9.||Little By Little|
|5.||On My Own||10.||My Second Hand Heart|
|11.||The Country Ballad|