|Prudence Teacup / Where Do All The Little Songs Go When They Die?|
|Album:||Where Do All The Little Songs Go When They Die?||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Prudence Teacup||Added:||Mar 2010|
|Label:||All Hands Electric|
|Add Date:||2011-02-06||Pull Date:||2011-04-10|
|Week Ending:||Apr 10||Apr 3||Mar 20||Mar 6||Feb 27|
|1.||Apr 05, 2011:||Bisous Bijoux |
|4.||Mar 05, 2011:||Music Casserole |
Lullaby For A Whore
|2.||Mar 29, 2011:||Crooked Spoke Adjourned |
|5.||Feb 22, 2011:||The Crooked Spoke Adjacent |
|3.||Mar 15, 2011:||&tc. (sub for Indie English) |
Lullaby For A Whore
Minimalist/experimental pop with breathy/fragile female vox, slow paced & sparse accompaniment, dreamy, intimate, ever so pretty & weird. Lo-fi, nearly no beats. Real name Alfra Martini, from Brooklyn. It's her debut album, recorded at home. Songs blend into each other. Sweet short film at http://vimeo.com/3550373 featuring two non-album tracks.|
Play with Eno, Harold Budd, Diana Darby, Rykarda Parasol, David Lynch soundtracks, Lambchop, Eyvin Kang, Broadcast.
Just tears-inducing lovely. FCC clean. Start with 3, 5, 9, 17.
1. Twisted. A cappella double-tracked voice. Under a minute.
2. Poignant. Organ, accordion, and voice. Starts w/ 3 s noise.
+ 3. Longing. Guitar, voice, reverb.
4. Torchy. Piano, voice.
+ 5. Dreamy/spooky. Synths, voice, reverb. Slow fade.
6. Nostalgia. Guitar, percussion, synths, voices. Ghost of Broadcast.
7. Evocation. Guitar, synths, voices.
8. Darkness. Accordion, synths, keyboards, voice, reverb.
+ 9. Hope. Synthetic bells, keyboards, voice.
10. Folky. Noise, guitar, voice. (sorta Joanna Newsomish.) Short.
11. Prosaic. Piano, cello, voice, percussion.
12. Surreal. Keys, voices. Spoken word ordering food turns into a song.
13. Solipsistic. Noise, bells, percussion, piano, synths, spoken/sung voice.
14. Hymnic. Piano, noise, synths, voice.
15. Courage. Noise, guitars, voices.
16. Assurance. Guitars, keyboards, percussion, reverb, voice.
+ 17. Bemusement. Accordion, synths, reverb, clock, spoken voices.
18. Normal (relatively speaking) folk tune. The title track. M/F harmony.
|2.||Eating Diamonds||11.||The Ancients|
|3.||In The Jar 7||12.||Lorraine|
|4.||The Burden Of Sex||13.||Tropical Moon|
|5.||Soul Weight||14.||The Gift|
|6.||Wrecked||15.||Winter Part 2|
|7.||Winter Part 1||16.||Little Lamb|
|8.||In The Sea||17.||The Things We Made|
|9.||Lullaby For A Whore||18.||Where Do All The Songs Go When They Die?|