Local instrumental guitar bass drums in the vein of Do Make Say Think, Godspeed You Black Emperor, things that often get dubbed “post rock”. Songs are dramatic, often start quiet and build in intensity, or vice versa, moody with changes and use of space. Nothing upbeat or poppy or intense fast “rockin”, but walls o’ sound are present. Choose any track. Great stuff.
1) starts dreamy if pensive and minor and then builds to an intense rock out
2) starts medium loud and continues so with a mellow breakdown in the middle
3) very moody, goes through them all
4) starts quite mellow, then builds of course
5) same recipe, but it works, with crunchiness added
6) slow, more mindful start with nice fuzz bass dominating