|Yeasayer / Odd Blood|
|Add Date:||2010-05-23||Pull Date:||2010-07-25|
|Week Ending:||25 Jul||18 Jul||11 Jul||4 Jul||20 Jun||6 Jun||30 May|
|1.||Dec 03, 2019:||nearby galaxies |
|4.||Mar 03, 2016:||All Passion No Technique |
|2.||Jun 12, 2019:||The Library |
|5.||Jul 11, 2015:||Indie Mix |
|3.||May 05, 2016:||All Passion No Technique |
|6.||Aug 16, 2014:||Trail Mix |
Sophomore effort of the insanely popular indie/psychedelic band. Sounds like electronica, pop, tribal beats, and indie rock were thrown in a blender with a healthy dose of eccentricity. For fans of MGMT, Animal Collective, Bear In Heaven. Easier to listen to than their first album. My favorites are 2, 7. FCC clean|
1.Heavily distorted vocals, with what sounds like an African beat. Leads into #2.
*2. High energy, up-tempo. High pitched vocals and amazing syncopated beat.
3. Mid-tempo. Arpeggiated chords. Very pop sounding, with chorus vocals.
4. High pitched vocal entrance to an electronica slow ballad. Reverberating effects.
5. Fast paced, Caribbean beat. Infectious! Really high energy. Fades out.
6. Mid-tempo. Fast electronic keyboard bridges with distorted vocals.
*7. Amazing, syncopated beat. Sounds a bit like ska at the beginning. High pitched chorus vocals.
8. Slower. Sound effects like birds. Handclaps make the chorus more interesting.
9. Blend of electronica/pop/blues- a lot of brass sound effects. Robot voices combined with vocals. Very psychedelic!
10. Slow electronic song. Vocals are dragged out, synth effects, and a child chorus? Sounds like it was Asian inspired.
|1.||The Children||6.||Love Me Girl|
|3.||Madder Red||8.||Strange Reunions|