|Album:||In Evening Air||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Future Islands||Added:||Apr 2010|
|Label:||Thrill Jockey Records|
|Add Date:||2010-08-22||Pull Date:||2010-10-24|
|Week Ending:||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 10||Oct 3||Sep 19||Sep 12||Sep 5||Aug 29|
|1.||May 02, 2020:||Hanging in the bone yard
|4.||Feb 04, 2016:||All Passion No Technique
Tin Man, Long Flight
|2.||May 10, 2017:||All Passion No Technique
|5.||Jan 28, 2016:||All Passion No Technique
|3.||Feb 18, 2016:||All Passion No Technique
Walking Through That Door
|6.||Dec 30, 2015:||Home on the Range
try: 7, 1, 3, 9
*1. low-key rocker that fell right off the space oddity train. alien-effect circular synth/keys + bass.
2. groovy, midtempo. twangy, exaggerated down south vocals that go for the gold towards the end. simple high flute-like riff.
*3. grainy chimes/vibes. gravelly theatrical vocals: “i am the tin man”. spare note-at-a-time keys and backing synth.
4. sparse, chill light-touch pipes/vibes and snarly, throaty vocals.
5. creepy grainy recording of ghostly piano playing. play with next track or fade out.
6. sweet and low key. light bouncy guitar riff and mellow vox. high-register organ.
*7. sort of darling. warm downtempo synth. some plinky keys/bells. croony and majestic. very, very bowie.
8. rapid supa-sticky drum machine. epic space synth. mostly well-behaved vox.
*9. high-register hymnal turns into a sad, ethereal loop. repeats “i can’t touch you anymore, i can’t tell you how i feel.” the last two minutes are fairly ambient.
|1.||Walking Through That Door||5.||In Evening Air|
|2.||Long Flight||6.||Swept Inside|
|3.||Tin Man||7.||Inch Of Dust|
|4.||An Apology||8.||Vireo's Eye|
|9.||As I Fall|