|Boxer Rebellion, The / Union|
|Artist:||Boxer Rebellion, The||Added:||04/2010|
|Add Date:||2010-06-13||Pull Date:||2010-08-15|
|Week Ending:||15 Aug||8 Aug||25 Jul||18 Jul||11 Jul||4 Jul||27 Jun||20 Jun|
|1.||Jan 22, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
|4.||Oct 04, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
|2.||Oct 18, 2013:||The Sunset Life |
These Walls Are Thin
|5.||Jun 08, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
These Walls Are Thin
|3.||Feb 08, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA |
|6.||May 18, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
Indie rock with lush instrumentation and a lot of studio maneuvers: reverb, fuzz, and a lot of compression to give the music a hazy quality. Unknown until someone at iTunes heard them and pulled them out of anonymity. For fans of (old) Snow Patrol, Beach House, Broken Social Scene. FCC on 12. Try 2, 7, 5.|
1. Mid-tempo. Syncopated drum beat leads, with tremolo guitars and flat vocals layered over it. Pretty song, with lots of reverb.
*2. Mid-tempo. Beautiful, heavy on guitar and falsetto vocals. Sounds hopeful.
3. Up-tempo. Guitar is urgent, while the vocals plead. Ends abruptly.
4. Slow acoustic song that builds with drums, guitars, and sound effects. Very lush.
*5. Mid-tempo. Another lush song with arpeggiated chord fragments during chorus. Shorter and therefore more enjoyable, I find.
6. Down-tempo. Starts with depressing arpeggiated chords, then cymbals and drums come in. Falsetto choruses. Really long, repetitive fade out.
*7. Down-tempo. Sounds like something by The Postal Service. A lot more synth, with bell sounds and distortion. Cool chorus lines with reverb and fuzz. Amazing!
8. Mid-tempo. Starts with some slide and acoustic guitars, but quickly acquires the lush, layered sound effect with help from tremolo guitars and synth effects.
9. Up-tempo. Another urgent song, with pleading vocals. Warning: 17s fadeout.
10. Mid-tempo. Interesting syncopated, halting beat in the guitars and drums. Guitars fall out during the bridge, come back in for the chorus- interesting sound.
11. Starts mid-tempo, but quickens by the end. 42s of feedback at the end.
12. FCC: fucks Starts with syncopated drums and arpeggiated guitar. 20s fadeout.
|1.||Flashing Red Light Means Go||7.||The Gospel Of Goro Adachi|
|2.||Move On||8.||These Walls Are Thin|
|5.||Spitting Fire||11.||Silent Movie|