|Various Artists / Fabric 48 - Radio Slave|
|Album:||Fabric 48 - Radio Slave||Collection:||General|
38 minute promo mix CD from Radio Slave containing mainly his own tracks and remixes. Keeps up the steam at a good 120 bpm and goes from very dreamy to a more straight up house sound. GAPLESS and largely instrumental!|
Try: 2 for drama, 3 for tension.
1) 90 ambient seconds of dreamy vocals acoustic guitar, and rain. Very Pink Floyd.
2) * Hectic synths pick up the pace. House piano around 3 minutes in. No drums
3) * Deep percussion added along with some messed up Villalobos-esque hi-hats. Tense, looped bassline. Breakdown, piano and distant horns at 5:20 ROUGH TRANSITION!
4) Straight up organic house with soft, swinging bassline. Some cowbell in there. Trumpet/horns after 3:30.
5) Congas, male choir vocal samples and a dramatic female alto with a house groove underneath. Long! (12:50)
Fabric 48 - Radio Slave|
Overall a very atmospheric album that has a lot to offer. FCC free so no worries there. A lot of different motifs are carried throughout the album, particularly african drum beats.
Favorites: Koma Koma (1), DDB (4)
1. Koma Koma [Steve Lawler Remix] (Rekids) - This track
has loads of synth action but has an acid jazz feel. Reminiscent
of Spyro Gyra.
2.Balada Redo (Cabin Fever) - Uptempo warped 70's feel. Sounds like
something out of a science fiction movie. Mixed lounge music.
3. Morning Song (Cabin Fever) - Carries over from track 2. Dies down and builds
on forebording tones and a steady african drum beat.
4. DDB (Cabin Fever) - Starts with continued drum beats but turns into down tempo lounge.
Violin is thrown in towards the end for good measure and makes for a very alluring track.
5. The Beginning (Michael Cleis Remix) (Buzzin' Fly) - African drum beats continue and lead
to some Gregorian chants that seem a little out of place at first, but quickly become appealing.
Very interesting track from Michael Cleis
|1.||Radio Slave||Koma Koma [Steve Lawler Remix)|
|2.||Cabin Fever||Balada Redo|
|3.||Radio Slave||Morning Song|
|5.||Spencer Parker||The Beginning (Michel Cleis Remix)|