Genre: Electro Pop
RiYL Digits, Deep Dish, Hot Chip
Overall Grade: C- (1.5 Stars)
2nd Album from Amsterdams BtB. Collab w. Gui Boratto. Minimal techno w/ guest vocalists Kelley Polar, Paul Conboy, & The Battle of Land and Sea.
!K7 calls it "tough/sentimental, guarded/yielding." I say Nouveau douche mixers at the Aquarium or yoga sessions can use 7, 9, but by staying conservative with his composition, Tim Simenon's "Back To Light" belongs with the rest of 4 bar drag-on music.
1. Repetetive vox, plain beat.
2. Robo-harmonies, spooky chord
3. Minor key = dark
4. ** (5:05) Deep house. Male vox.
5. Choral intro, sounds like hot chip, lame vox i e Digits. Weak beat, too. Lulls u to lameville w/bad techno
6. Sissy male chorus dooms the ok tech beat and "big bang" elements.
7. * (6:07) Something about "us" and "angels". Cool lyrics, production.
8. * (6:00) Richard Davis' gentle vox.
9. * (4:41) Mimimal Buddha Bar chill w/ guest fem vox
10. Instr. airy elektrochords