|Sones De Mexico / Esta Tierra Es Tuya|
|Album:||Esta Tierra Es Tuya||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Sones De Mexico||Added:||04/2010|
|Add Date:||2010-06-27||Pull Date:||2010-08-29||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||29 Aug||22 Aug||15 Aug||8 Aug||1 Aug||25 Jul||11 Jul||4 Jul|
|1.||Aug 24, 2010:||Excitement, Adventure, and Really Wild Things? |
|4.||Aug 10, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Esta Tierra Es Tuya
|2.||Aug 17, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 In G Major
|5.||Aug 03, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Aug 14, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Jul 27, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Yo Vendo Unos Ojos Negros
Modern mexican folk music from some immigrants now based in Chicago. Rich, lively, with a huge array of instruments and lots of great vocals (in Spanish), fun melodies, and energetic tunes. The songs may sound traditional, but the sensibility is modern. It’ll start classic, then they’ll throw in a sax or something equally unexpected. Plus they do Woody Guthrie and Led Zepplin. Great, great stuff Especially these:|
1. Mid/upbeat with a fresh, modern take. A sax! So good!
3. Bright and bouncy ranchera version of “This Land is Your Land”
4. Fiddles lead this upbeat dance w/some fiery playing & foot stomps.
5. Fun marimba that gets a modern touch w/some brass.
7. Wow. Brandenburg Concerto. Bach goes to Mexico. So cool!
8. Upbeat and sweet mix of traditional & modern. Wicked strings.
11. Big and brassy w/a driving beat and solid horns.
12. Fast strings interplay. Great playing from all. Vocals near mid.
13. Stately chamber brass into a sweet folk love song.
15. Led Zepplin gets an Aztec makeover. Driving midtempo. Cool!
16. Cool vocals, mid/upbeat gets livelier and more driving. Wow.