|Tallest Man On Earth, The / Wild Hunt, The|
|Album:||Wild Hunt, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Tallest Man On Earth, The||Added:||04/2010|
|Add Date:||2010-06-06||Pull Date:||2010-08-08|
|Week Ending:||1 Aug||20 Jun||13 Jun|
|1.||Wed, 04 Mar 20:||Nomad|
|4.||Thu, 27 Apr 17:||Dj Insomnia|
|2.||Wed, 28 Feb 18:||DJ Stace|
|5.||Sun, 23 Apr 17:||Dj Insomnia|
|3.||Sun, 29 Oct 17:||Dj Insomnia|
Sunday, Sleepy Sunday
|6.||Fri, 10 Mar 17:||Kray Bae Bae|
Yearning Dylan-esque acoustic folk from Swede Kristian Matsson's ironic (as in he's not that tall) stage name. This is Tallest Man's 2nd album and third release. Standard instrumentation is acoustic guitar and vocals--will note if otherwise. First half of the album is mostly strummed; the second half fingerpicked. Once you get past the Dylan comparison, you'll find some great music. Highly recommended overall. |
My picks: 6, 4(FCC), 1, 2, 3, 7, 9
1. mid-tempo, upbeat strummed guitar w/ a little banjo. engaging and catchy vocals.
2. mid-tempo strummed guitar. A bit melancholy. Another engaging track.
3. mid-tempo. fairly rapid fingerpicked guitar with some light foot-tap percussion. Pretty melancholy/ yearning.
4. FCC ("fucking" at 1:04 left). med-fast, strummed. Great chorus, great bridge.
5. blues-inflected fingerpicked guitar w/ foot tap.
6. quick-strummed guitar. lovely tune.
7. med-slow, fingerpicked guitar. brooding and beautiful.
8. mid tempo, fingerpicked guitar. lively, yet still has that melancholy quality.
9. mid tempo, fingerpicked guitar. really nice work throughout.
10. slow piano tune. Doesn't really strike me.
|1.||The Wild Hunt||6.||King Of Spain|
|2.||Burden Of Tomorrow||7.||Love Is All|
|3.||Troubles Will Be Gone||8.||Thousand Ways|
|4.||You're Going Back||9.||A Lion's Heart|
|5.||The Drying Of The Lawns||10.||Kids On The Run|