|Gurrumul, Geoffrey Yunupingu / Gurrumil|
|Artist:||Gurrumul, Geoffrey Yunupingu||Added:||May 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-05-02||Pull Date:||2010-07-04||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jul 4||Jun 27||Jun 13||Jun 6||May 30||May 16||May 9|
|1.||Sep 02, 2010:||Abra's Airwaves |
|4.||Jun 11, 2010:||Abra's Airwaves |
|2.||Jun 29, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Jun 08, 2010:||At the Bohemian Cafe |
|3.||Jun 22, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Jun 01, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
He goes by the name “Gurrumul” (guh-ROOM-ull), and he’s a blind Australian Aboriginal singer/songwriter with an acoustic guitar and a beautiful warm, emotional voice. Absolutely no-frills but so appealing. Songs in the Yulngu dialect of the Gumatj clan, and in English. Every track worth playing.|
1. Slow, delicate and so sweet w/a gentle warmth.
2. Warm down/midtempo w/restrained use of chorus.
3. Slow and powerful w/soaring vocals. Just beautiful.
4. Slow and moving, in English. A sweet, simple ballad.
5. Warm and relaxed, sadly nostalgic but lovely.
6. Midtempo w/sweet strings and a gentle warmth.
7. Tripping vocals, then relaxed w/sweet guitar. Very nice.
8. Bi-lingual vocals, relaxed and warm.
9. Soft guitar, gentle vocals, then a bit more power & chorus.
10. Beautiful melody, soft blend of strings & vocals. Sigh…
11. Soft and sweet w/a gentle head-nodding melody.
12. Soaring vocals, lyrical and warm. Really beautiful.