|Girl In A Coma / Adventures In Coverland|
|Album:||Adventures In Coverland||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Girl In A Coma||Added:||05/2010|
|Add Date:||2010-08-01||Pull Date:||2010-10-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Oct||26 Sep||19 Sep||12 Sep||5 Sep||29 Aug||22 Aug||15 Aug|
|1.||Fri, 14 Jun 13:||Francis D|
|4.||Tue, 26 Jun 12:||Francis D|
|2.||Fri, 09 Nov 12:||Francis D|
|5.||Tue, 01 May 12:||Francis D|
|3.||Thu, 16 Aug 12:||Blackadder|
|6.||Tue, 20 Sep 11:||mr. esq.|
the last meow
Girl in a Coma/Adventures in Coverland|
A cover-filled EP from a KZSU favorite (or at least one of my favorites). GIAC is signed to Joan Jett’s Blackheart Records, hail from Texas, and freakin rock these covers. Each track is of high quality, FCC free, dreamy, woozy and interpreted in the bands own way, with vocals by the throaty, sexy and talented Nina Diaz.
Sounds like: Metric, Spinnerette.
Try: 1, 4, 6.
1. ***An amazing Spanish language cover originally performed by Latina icon Selena. I have no idea what they are saying but it is a great track and should be played!!
2. A decent interpretation of the George Harrison song.
3. Soulful, seductive, solid. Sounds like Metric.
4. ***Dreamy & of course Bowie-esque. No butchering here. A quality track to play.
5. Cute & punky version of a sock hop classic.
6. **A sinister, edgy cover; close your eyes and slow dance…then punch your date.
7. Not outstanding, but good all the same.
|1.||Si Una Vez||4.||As The World Falls Down|
|2.||While My Guitar Gently Weeps||5.||Come On, Let's Go|
|3.||Transmission||6.||Walkin' After Midnight|