|Various Artists / Jahtarian Dubbers Vol. 2|
|Album:||Jahtarian Dubbers Vol. 2||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2010-05-09||Pull Date:||2010-07-11||Charts:|
|Week Ending:||11 Jul||4 Jul||27 Jun||20 Jun||13 Jun||6 Jun||30 May||23 May|
|1.||Oct 14, 2019:||Happy Hour |
|4.||May 14, 2015:||channel 0+i |
|2.||Oct 20, 2016:||subwoofer etc |
|5.||Dec 16, 2014:||night court |
|3.||Nov 09, 2015:||Happy Hour |
Puff That Weed
|6.||Oct 12, 2014:||the springfield law review |
Jahtarian Dubbers Vol. 2|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/7/10
Digital Laptop Reggae (DLR) from everywhere, via Leipzig. They stress a DUB element, but from there it takes a lot of directions, all of them inna computer electronic stylee.
No FCCs detected. All fun – I like 3, 6, 10 best.
1. 2:32 **tinks and woobles. Slowish dubstep.
2. 3:05 ***pretty tones, pretty Japanese female vocals, slinky and slithery.
3. 3:19 ****beeps, squonks, groovy midtempo percussion, game sounds. Actually does have a Reggae bubble element. Female spoken announcements, weebles and gronches.
4. 3:08 ***jaunty midtempo bubble, pleasant male dancehall singing. Very dubby bits.
5. 1:52 **lots of “hi-hat” and low growly something, uptempo instrumental skank.
6. 3:03 ****nuts! Midtempo disjointed skank, hyperspeed female dancehall rap about pot. Apparently the queen of the Glasgow dancehall scene – totally!
7. 3:00 ***slow lopassed skank involving metal things and androids. Dub fer daze. Some deeply silly robot voices toward end.
8. 3:30 ***uptempo wiggle with Jamaican dancehall vocals (about avoiding slackness) and rubber bongos.
9. 2:58 **slow dub bubble on a merry-go-round organ.
10. 3:23 ****downtempo rubber band skank, weedy Jamaican singing about pot, quinks. From France – but in English!
11. 3:50 **kind of a shuffle and kind of a limp and kind of a bubble and a lot of a dub. In a nice way, though.
12. 3:31 **rather dramatic and cinematic, except a bit desktoppy to be truly large. Processed female vocals. Goes totally MIA for a few seconds, then back to slow and emotionally fraught.
13. 3:31 **slow, echo-laden march.. No, that’s kinda like stadium rock done by Gameboys. With some flowers doing a Reggae waltz.