|Smith, Christopher / Beckon Call, The|
|Album:||Beckon Call, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-03-06||Pull Date:||2011-05-08|
|Week Ending:||1 May||13 Mar|
|1.||Apr 27, 2011:||The Donner Party |
Just As Sure
|2.||Mar 12, 2011:||There and Back Again |
Just As Sure
Christopher Smith: The Beckon Call: Sweet falsetto vocals acoustic guitar, and easy-on-the-ears instrumentals, very lush and beautiful! The entire album has this same relaxing sound, but each song is somehow distinct at the same time. Sounds like a less acoustic version of the Avett Brothers or Iron & Wine. FCC track 9 (“fuck”). Try 1, 4, 8|
1) Gentle echo-y falsetto, acoustic guitar, and rich sustained background instrumentals and vocal harmonies.
2) Crooning and soft drums/bells.
3) A melodic and luscious song about finding true love.
4) Deep echoed drums, spellbinding chromatic hook.
5) Crooning vocals and swooning instrumentals build up; no words, just sound!
6) Strongly strummed guitar chords with lighter guitar picking, with the same falsetto vocals.
7) A short instrumental track with a very full sound.
8) Alternating rising and falling volume; nice harmony!
9) FCC Barebones guitar and vocals.
10) Discordant intro, mellow afterwards.
|1.||Gently Gently||6.||Two Strawberries In A Jam|
|2.||Paper Chains||7.||The Beckon Call 2|
|3.||Middle Of The Night||8.||Hands|
|4.||Just As Sure||9.||White Knuckle|
|5.||The Beckon Call 1||10.||Hit The Ground Running|