|Male Bonding / Nothing Hurts|
|Artist:||Male Bonding||Added:||May 2010|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2010-11-14||Pull Date:||2011-01-16|
|Week Ending:||Jan 16||Dec 26||Dec 12||Dec 5||Nov 21|
|1.||Mar 18, 2014:||Setting Fire to the Lab |
All Things This Way, Franklin
|4.||Jan 11, 2011:||meow |
Year's Not Long
|2.||Jul 27, 2011:||Not That Simple |
|5.||Dec 23, 2010:||And Other Useful Bibles |
|3.||Jan 14, 2011:||taking the a-files to the pound |
|6.||Dec 09, 2010:||BBW RADIO: BIGGER AND BEAUTIFULLER |
Fast fuzzy garagey lo-fi with muddy, understated ‘ah’ & ‘ooh’ prone vox just under the guitars that makes this, oddly, both punk and post-punk. Most tracks loud and fast. I’m thinking Pixies... meets Nirvana. With a band name like this, and an in-character album title? These boots are made for greatness.|
try: 4, 5, 7, 9
1. fast & shambly giddy-up strumming, two-chord hop. i’m hearing the riff behind jimmy eat world’s ‘sweetness’.
2. aggressive, discordant tumbling. exposed fuzz bass and feedback. ‘ooh’s.
3. bashy cymbals and two-chord zagging. slightly softer-edge vox.
*4. heavy grunge bass and na-na-na hi-reg screech guitar. lackluster callbacks. see: nirvana.
*5. easy midtempo, soft and sweet. bouncy spare electric guitar riff and quiet, deep, building drums. echoey, airy, light. sounds like... dirty clouds.
6. slippy slidy guitar and high punky spritely vox. jagged and jambly. some pop punk elements, but decidedly garage.
*7. angular, bashy, aggressive. squawking guitar. you can actually hear the accents in this track. sounds like the plot to blow up the eiffel tower. yee haw.
8. sweet vox over busy jagged guitar. cool zig-zag “ooh”s and builder rudder riff in the chorus.
*9. scratchy reverb noise intro. drums in at 50 sec. kickass circular “where is my mind” style electric guitar. hi-hat and harmony-functional ‘ah’s. very pixies all around.
10. ~10 sec gear-up. pushy off-the-beat aggressive funk. like little darts. chorus is a vamp: “i see myself in colour. i see myself in light.”
11. bratty punky power riff. kinda dk... the riff anyway. like an awkward march. undercut ‘ah’s.
12. messy, attacky start. unexpected speedy quirky electric riff over silly kitchen sink percussion. ends a few seconds early.
13. mid/fast acoustic team-up with the vivian girls. crisp sticky strumming, harmony-like melody. at :48 to end, morphs into a reverby departure. it’s okay! let it play!
|1.||Year's Not Long||7.||T.U.F.F.|
|2.||All Things This Way||8.||Nothing Remains|
|3.||Your Contact||9.||Nothing Used To Hurt|
|4.||Weird Feelings||10.||Pirate Key|
|13.||Worse To Come|