|Sadies, The / Darker Circles|
|Label:||Yep Roc Records|
|Add Date:||2010-06-27||Pull Date:||2010-08-29|
|Week Ending:||29 Aug||18 Jul||4 Jul|
|1.||Sat, 26 Sep 15:||Joseph|
The Iron Skillet
|4.||Tue, 24 Aug 10:||Red West|
Excitement, Adventure, and Really Wild Things?
|2.||Fri, 29 Jul 11:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
Time Traveler (The Songsmith Show Edition)
|5.||Tue, 13 Jul 10:||Edna|
|3.||Thu, 03 Feb 11:||Andy S|
|6.||Fri, 02 Jul 10:||Trent Kay|
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
A lot of that classic ‘alt-country’ sound here from The Sadies, with hints of blues and some world sounds thrown in. Think of The Old ’97’s or a bit of Uncle Tupelo and that’s the general sound. A strong album, all songs worth a listen. No FCC’s.|
*My favorites*: 1, 3, 6, 9.
1. *(3:18) Mid then Fast. A good foot stomper with nice guitar work and a rockin’ finish.
2. (3:20) Slow / Mid. Lyrically a downer, musically similar but with a tinge of hopefulness.
3. *(2:06) Mid / Fast. Guitar prominent with great cymbal strikes.
4. (4:54) Slow / Mid. Spacey at times with a nice banjo passage.
5. (3:26) Mid. A whispered song, quite moody and dreamy.
6. *(2:41) Fast. Classic ‘alt-country’ sound with nice guitar work and vocal delivery.
7. (3:13) Mid. More ‘polished’ sounding than the rest, moody and mellow.
8. (3:28) Mid. Folky and catchy, nice acoustic guitar work.
9. *(2:17) Mid. Celtic and blues influences with banjo and a hollow sound on the vox.
10. (3:14) Mid. A bit different delivery on the vocals, catchy, nice drums, spacey ending.
11. (4:15) Slow / Mid. A bit of a musical mashup, moody yet a bit harder at times.
|1.||Another Year Again||6.||Postcards|
|2.||Cut Corners||7.||Whispering Circles|
|3.||Another Day Again||8.||Idle Tomorrows|
|4.||Tell Her I Said||9.||Choosing To Fly|
|5.||The Quiet One||10.||Violet And Jeffrey Lee|
|11.||10 More Songs|