Genre: Dancehall, Reggae, Electronica
Overall Grade: C- (1.5 Stars)
RiYL: Buru Banton, Beenie Man, New World Disorder
LIVE THIS SATURDAY, May 29, 2010. Surya Dub Events' 3 year anniversary. Call-in and WIN!
My Fave Poirier song is "Arena," on Crookers' "Tons of Friends" Album.
The Album: "Wha-La-La-Leng" is a GEM REMIX on Disc 2.
Most is a little too hard core for me. The electro is repetetive, dark, and heavy.
FCC track CD 2 #11
1. Uptempo Dancehall, off key ranting, hard bass.
2. Heavy electro instrumental riddim.
3. Is this a mambo beat? Dancehall ranting.
4. High Energy Dancehall with guest ranter. Popular on You Tube.
5. * Fast rapping over dancehall electro
6. * A dancehall skank about skanks. dark sound.
7. Uptempo electro
8. Heavy Dancehall ranting or skanking.
9. Dancehall ranting with a weaker beat
10. Instrumental lame snare/hi-hat rhythm over lame keys repeats.
11. Annoying uptempo rhythm with rapping.
12. Uptempo merengue annoyance. Does Karnival suck this much?
Poirier: Reggae DJ and performer
1. Midtempo Fem on PHAT dance beat
2. Dancehall dude raps
3. * House snare tempo, epic synths, remember "pull up?".
More singing less rapping.
4. Dancehall rapping about gals w/synth fx
5. Deep bass.
6. Instrumental w/Dark synth I.e. Crookers
7. Reggae skankin? What is skankin'? featuring a white dude named YT.
8. ** (4:37 || IN: 0:12, OUT: Instr) Melodic dancehall singing
to an 8-bit merengue riddim.
9. Dancehall merengue skankin(?) "Get mad, go crazy."
10. Uptempo reggae rap about an "immigrant Visa."
11. FCC I think he says "pussy" hard to tell. hard ranting.
12. Singing to heavy dark dancehall techno
13. Dancehall shouting out to gals
14. Electro Dancehall i.e. Jahtarian Dubbers