|Broken Social Scene / Forgiveness Rock Record|
|Album:||Forgiveness Rock Record||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Broken Social Scene||Added:||May 2010|
|Label:||Arts & Crafts|
|Add Date:||2010-07-11||Pull Date:||2010-09-12|
|Week Ending:||Sep 12||Sep 5||Aug 29||Aug 22||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1||Jul 25|
|1.||Mar 17, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|4.||Nov 08, 2013:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Sep 05, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|5.||Nov 01, 2013:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Feb 07, 2014:||Time Traveler |
|6.||Apr 25, 2013:||Sunflower Sutra: Earthy |
I found this album difficult to review, despite Broken Social Scene being my favorite band. If you don't know who they are, lemme tell you. Canadian indie rock supergroup on Arts & Crafts with songs ranging from baroque pop to post-rock (their earlier stuff). A lot of the members have successful side and solo projects. To quote Trent Kay "Arts & Crafts is an incestuous label, once you've in played one of their bands you’ve played in all of them"... and then something about dipping your hand into a honey pot? Long awaited fourth studio album after 5 years (it's hard to get all of them together at the same time, mmk?).|
FCC on 8!
1. (6:48) Slow start, fade-in. Twangy guitars, lotsa bridges and power chords.
2. (3:31) Watery synths, fuzzy beats, orchestral instruments… and vocal chants weird. Fade out.
3. (3:50) Melodic guitars, sort of reminds me of Built to Spill.
4. (3:35) Self-indulgent messy amalgamation.
5. (4:50) Slow chill out intro, sweet female vocals rises into
6. (3:32) Energetic horns, overdubbed vocals.
7. (4:27) Scatty vocals, folsky breathy summer song.
8. FCC! (6:42) "Ungrateful Little Motherfuck", har har. Twangy guitar intro, just fucking around uplifting post-rock ending.
9. (3:44) Longing instrumental tracking.
10. (5:40) Subdued female vocals, put this on a mix CD for someone who just got dumped.
11. (5:09) Male vocals, slow song.
12. (4:48) Slow, a bit despondent.
13. (4:25) A noticeable departure from the regular BSS. Folky in a weird way.
14. (2:05) Lumbering drawn-out vocals with sparse string accompaniment.