|Grupo Fantasma / El Existential|
|Artist:||Grupo Fantasma||Added:||May 2010|
|Label:||National Geographic Music|
|Add Date:||2010-06-06||Pull Date:||2010-08-08||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Aug 8||Aug 1||Jul 25||Jul 18||Jul 11||Jul 4||Jun 27||Jun 20|
|1.||Jul 07, 2012:||Bouge Mood |
|4.||Sep 25, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Jan 01, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Sep 14, 2010:||Abra's BohemianWaves |
|3.||Dec 28, 2010:||The Musical Mystery Box o'Fun (Best of 2010-Part 2) |
|6.||Aug 07, 2010:||New World Disorder |
Latin mashup music by a collective out of Austin – lots of Cumbia and Afro-Cuban, but also funk and psychedelic bits, even something almost metal. All of it very, very good – musicianship impeccable and musical combinations ear-perking.|
No FCCs detected – all in Spanish. I like 5 and 11 best.
1. 4:17 **funky midtempo beat, a bit of whammy-bar, and infectious Latin hip shaker.
2. 4:17 ***cumbia! A bit downtempo, slinky and tasty as hell.
3. 4:07 **midtempo Latin (Afro-Cuban tinged) jazz, a bit lounge-y, with killer horns. Bit of psychedelic guitar, and some very nice percussion.
4. 4:08 **uptempo salsa orchestra with a bit of funky soul, as well as complicated interplay of musical parts.
5. 3:35 ****sweet downbeat cumbia, wiggly and yummy. Cumbias are chocolate to me, I think… Suddenly goes all pompous hard rock. Gnarly!
6. 5:17 **sweet, slow, mellow big band swing/Latin, solo vocal. Big drama! Also some kind of chime-t sounding keyboard, giving a rather surreal feel to the exercise…
7. 4:03 ***upbeat funky something with spaghetti western elements. Almost familiar sounding, but with weirdness. Great sonal mix!
8. 2:57 **midtempo cumbia with a hint of Reggae beat and a smidge of psychedelia.
9. 1:04 *groovy little bit of fluff with flutes. Flute fluff.
10. 3:29 *midtempo Afro-Cuban/salsa, rather “normal” but with great horns.
11. 4:07 ****mash-up of many elements, midtempo and funky and hard to pin down, but very cool.
12. 3:48 **midtempo cumbia, nice baritone sax(?).
13. 3:22 **randomness and fuzz, slowly turning into something very large and very funky, then starting over, with a break for a bit of yelling… Finally a very very very slow fade.