|Lidell, Jamie / Compass|
|Artist:||Lidell, Jamie||Added:||May 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-11-14||Pull Date:||2011-01-16|
|Week Ending:||Jan 16||Jan 9||Jan 2||Dec 19||Dec 12||Dec 5||Nov 28||Nov 21|
|1.||Feb 10, 2012:||InAcrossAwayFromMe |
I Wanna Be Your Telephone
|4.||Jan 08, 2011:||lost and found |
|2.||Mar 07, 2011:||dream shoess |
Your Sweet Boom
|5.||Jan 07, 2011:||Cut It Out |
Your Sweet Boom
|3.||Jan 12, 2011:||Panorama Barbeque |
|6.||Jan 01, 2011:||Music Casserole |
Whoa. White boy, soul pipes, jazzy bluesy r&beezy not-quite-radio-ready fun & complex bizarro pop. I know, Maroon 5 et al, but this sounds more like Parliament-Funkadelic than anything I’ve run across in a while. I guess because the instrumentation and arrangement is so out there. Songs rarely stay in genre for more than a minute at a time. Overall: tight, cool, supa chill. God damn, this kid has been listening to a lot of Prince. Funky as hell!|
try: 11, 2, 5, 7
1. laid back beatboxing & naked vox... segues to fat synth r&b. can fade at 12 sec to end.
*2. ice cold! computer-warped vox over shrilly keyboard electro and sidewindy croony ‘ooh’s. cool, cool, cool.
3. slow smooth r&b croonsies. bloopy sludgy synth & keys. long fade.
4. ruddery purring scat and trashcanny drums. cute & smart. big quick synth bursts. holy hell, snatches of girl sex moans.
*5. funky sesame street flute & girly callbacks. there’s a little jackson five going on here.
6. downtempo honky jazzy beatboxxxy horn & piano. sludgy swampy funk bass.
7. upfront vox over barbershop bops. cut to hard sharp drums and blow out jagged garagey guitar-n-bass. on the fast side. super angular. early fade.
8. ~9 sec warm up. slowish spare effectsy keyboard. relaxed r&b.
9. mid/slow muddy bass & crisp crackling vox. shimmery cute-sexy. bellsy keys. long fade.
10. soft music box start. (or just start :37 sec in) slowish croony fingerpicky cheesy love song. gets funky at the end, but has to, you know, weather the rest of the song to get there.
*11. ayoh! supa-cool percussion & deep diggery riff. like prince, but awesomer. sleeeeek. some dark synth, too.
12. heavy, downbeat, pompy. hella angry sax. horns and low-reg piano.
13. slowww twangy chugger. black keys balladry.
14. slow to warm up. some tape hiss & heavy separation single-note piano. wavery thin croony vox. slow warm choral chords. the end sounds like a respirator clicking off.
|1.||Completely Exposed||8.||I Can Love Again|
|2.||Your Sweet Boom||9.||It's A Kiss|
|3.||She Needs Me||10.||Compass|
|4.||I Wanna Be Your Telephone||11.||Gypsy Blood|
|5.||Enough's Enough||12.||Coma Chameleon|
|6.||The Ring||13.||Big Drift|
|7.||You Are Waking||14.||You See My Light|