|Cocorosie / Grey Oceans|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2010-07-11||Pull Date:||2010-09-12|
|Week Ending:||5 Sep||22 Aug||1 Aug|
|1.||Wed, 24 Jul 19:||DJ Stace|
|4.||Wed, 26 Oct 16:||DJ Stace|
|2.||Wed, 12 Apr 17:||DJ Stace|
|5.||Tue, 21 Jun 16:||DJ Stace|
|3.||Wed, 25 Jan 17:||DJ Stace|
|6.||Tue, 01 Mar 16:||DJ Stace|
Sisters Bianca "Coco" and Sierra "Rosie" Casady's fourth full length. They combine freak folk with elements of rap and post rock. Their vocals are distinct: Sierra classically trained as an opera singer in Paris but Bianca sings/harmonizes with a deliberately bizzare/alien intonation. There's quite a bit of history about how the sisters were separated as children (thanks to the daddy issues that they often sing about) but reunited in Paris, where they then decided to form cocorosie. This album is a trippy mix of vashti bunyan, found sound, and sigur ros. 8+3 are recommended for catchy pop. 5+2 are good as well but much more slow and atmospheric.|
1. (4:40) psych-folk with brooding mandolins, synths
2. (4:48) part sigur ros, part freak folk. samples some spoken word.
3.* (3:08) great flute. the intro is very playful but the slower, more deliberate middle is solid as well
4. (3:52) melancholy strings, woodwinds.
5. (4:32) slow, sad piano song.
6. (4:38) mellow: spoken word, xylophone, electronics, and crooning vocals
7. (3:50) hip hop beats, Bianca sings with a rap-like flow
8.* (5:14) the single: trumpet, synths, and beautifully flowing melodies
9. (4:25) samples birds; as ghostly and ethereal as the title would suggest
10. (4:20) very electronic heavy; it almost sounds like an electro/house remix of a normal cocorosie song.
11. (3:28) has some really graphic lyrics about rape (no fcc forbidden words technically). glitch instrumentals; not a good stand-alone track anyways
|1.||Trinity's Crying||6.||R.I.P. Burn Face|
|2.||Smokey Taboo||7.||The Moon Asked The Crow|
|5.||Grey Oceans||10.||Fairy Paradise|
|11.||Here I Come|