|Album:||Black Dirt Sessions, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Deer Tick||Added:||Jun 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-10-03||Pull Date:||2010-12-05|
|Week Ending:||Dec 5||Nov 28||Nov 21||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 31||Oct 24||Oct 17|
|1.||Jun 05, 2023:||GORP
Choir Of Angels
|4.||Jun 07, 2014:||Music Casserole
|2.||Jul 05, 2021:||Nick&Noah: TheRadioShow (rebroadcast from Oct 12, 2010)
|5.||Apr 05, 2012:||Nathin' TO Do
The Sad Sun
|3.||Aug 11, 2015:||That's Not Bluegrass
|6.||Dec 30, 2011:||The Songsmith Show
The Sad Sun
*My Favorites*: 2, 6, 8.
1. (2:55) Mid. Mellow vocal delivery, nice fx on the mic, backing singers, country-ish finish.
2. *(3:44) Mid. Guitar, piano intro. Song about going back to his girlfriend. Catchy and well done.
3. (4:58) Slow. Piano and vocal. Dirge about losing a friend. Heavy and brooding.
4. (4:09) Mid. Singer-songwriter-ish with guitar, vocal and a bit of piano.
5. (4:34) Slow / Mid. Sad song about the ‘sad sun’. Lyrics stretched out, backing vocal.
6. *(5:16) Mid / Fast. Kinda funky, a kinda retro sound, cool bass and percussion. Spacey at times with some good jamming. Great piano solo with 1:55 remaining. The band is really tight on this song.
7. (3:53) Mid. Country number, has that ‘anthem song’ sound.
8. *(4:31) Mid. Lots of influences here: Beatles, Wilco, Van Morrison. Great music, cool vocal delivery and phrasing. Backing vocals.
9. (3:22) Slow / Mid. Spacey with an Eastern sounding guitar. Big sound yet a bit mellow.
10. (4:41) Slow. Bluesy. Lots of space, everything stretched out like a dream.
11. (4:33) Slow / Mid. Piano and vocal. Ethereal and ominous.
|1.||Choir Of Angels||6.||Mange|
|2.||Twenty Miles||7.||When She Comes Home|
|3.||Goodbye, Dear Friend||8.||Hand In My Hand|
|4.||Piece By Piece And Frame By Frame||9.||I Will Not Be Myself|
|5.||The Sad Sun||10.||Blood Moon|