|Album:||On A Day Like This...||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Hadero, Meklit||Added:||Jun 2010|
|Label:||Porto Franco Records|
|Add Date:||2010-09-05||Pull Date:||2010-11-07|
|Week Ending:||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 10||Oct 3||Sep 26||Sep 19||Sep 12|
|1.||Feb 03, 2022:||The Songsmith Show (rebroadcast from Mar 8, 2013)
Float And Fall
|4.||Mar 08, 2013:||The Songsmith Show
Float And Fall
|2.||Jul 05, 2021:||Nick&Noah: TheRadioShow (rebroadcast from Oct 12, 2010)
|5.||Oct 22, 2010:||The Songsmith Show
|3.||May 06, 2021:||Hanging in the bone yard
|6.||Oct 12, 2010:||Nick&Noah: TheRadioShow
*My Favorites*: 3, 4, 5, 6.
1. (5:35) Mid. Acoustic guitar and vocal, then a nice cello interlude, finishes with fading vocal and guitar and violin.
2. (3:30) Mid. Great galloping folksy song with carefree vocals.
3. *(4:12) Mid / Fast. Easy beat with guitar and a prominent trumpet throughout.
4. *(4:30) Slow / Mid. Cello intro, beautiful guitar, piano, bass - everything amazing.
5. *(4:30) Mid. Opens with an ethereal oboe solo, then just her voice with a bit of drums in the back. Killer bass as her voice is put through a manipulator, then comes out clean with staccato cello. WOW!
6. *(5:05) Mid. Bass and clarinet open this traditional Ethiopian song. Delicate percussion and exciting vocal phrasings with hand claps flesh out this magnetic song.
7. (2:34) Mid / Fast. Fun and sunny song with drumstick claps, horns, drums.
8. (4:00) Mid / Fast. Almost an island sound at first then an eerie interlude. The song alternates between the two.
9. (3:41) Slow / Mid. Vocal intro then finger-snapping. More island sound here with a great trumpet lead.
10. (4:28) Slow. Piano, bass predominate on this slow closer, very jazzy. Drawn-out vocal delivery.
|1.||Walk Up||6.||Abbay Mado|
|2.||Float And Fall||7.||Soleil Soleil|
|4.||You And The Rain||9.||Walls|