|Aldubb & Ras Perez / Aldubb Meets Ras Perez|
|Album:||Aldubb Meets Ras Perez||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Aldubb & Ras Perez||Added:||Jun 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-06-13||Pull Date:||2010-08-15||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1||Jul 25||Jul 11||Jul 4||Jun 27||Jun 20|
|1.||Oct 14, 2019:||Happy Hour |
|4.||Dec 20, 2012:||Happy Hour |
|2.||Oct 19, 2015:||Everything A to Z week 16 |
|5.||Aug 26, 2010:||Happy Hour |
|3.||Feb 16, 2015:||Happy Hour |
|6.||Aug 14, 2010:||New World Disorder |
One More Blast
Aldubb Meets Ras Perez|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 6/10/10
Berlin’s top reggae producer teams up with a reggae artist originally from Dominica for some thick meaty, juicy dubbity dub dubber dub… Rootsy and SUPER dubby – yummy stuff indeed. Not instrumentals, although most vocals are dubbed up sometimes to the point of being incomprehensible even by patois standards.
No FCCs detected. All seriously yummy; I like 11 best for no particular reason.
1. 3:45 *random low noises for 5 seconds, then midtempo skank with dubbitude, spoken idetations.
2. 3:24 *squeebs, then downtempo super-dub with a bit of a funky groove. Totally wongled vocals.
3. 4:38 *downtempo, deeply dubbed up with some vibesy stuff – really sounds a lot like being on nitrous oxide (not that I’d know, oh goodness me no never…)
4. 3:56 *slow, low-key, semi-distinguishable vocals about love.
5. 4:10 *kinda midtempo, spoken vocals about freeing the weed.
6. 3:34 *sweet downtempo swingy riddim
7. 4:21 *sort of a martial bubble, although somehow mellow, electric guitar, almost no vocals.
8. 3:33 *upbeat, jaunty, and yet falling over sideways spaced out. Most excellent lyrics about bartering veggies for pot. Yay!
9. 5:49 *I and I are vexed. So let it be observed.
10. 3:34 *starts with what sounds like an argument in patois, then nice jaunty midtempo gronchy something.
11. 5:28 **slow, tough skank, electric instrumental, nice.
12. 2:48 *at least a two-spliff disconblombulated intro, midtempo skank in a fishbowl.
13. 2:49 *rootsy, strong midtempo skank, diatribe lyrics.
14. 3:41 *super slow, rather folky feel, but deeply dubby. Ends 18 seconds shy.
|2.||Kevin||9.||Blue Blue Dub|
|3.||Roll Cost||10.||One More Blast|
|5.||Tommy||12.||Two Spliff Dub|