|Foghat / Last Train Home|
|Album:||Last Train Home||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2010-09-19||Pull Date:||2010-11-21|
|Week Ending:||21 Nov||31 Oct||24 Oct||3 Oct||26 Sep|
|1.||Jan 19, 2017:||Melange |
Last Train Home
|4.||Mar 22, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
Shake Your Money Maker
|2.||Jul 13, 2013:||No Way To Fry |
In My Dreams, Last Train Home
|5.||Mar 08, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
Rollin' & Tumblin'/You Need Love
|3.||Apr 12, 2013:||The Songsmith Show |
Born For The Road
|6.||Dec 28, 2012:||The Songsmith Show |
Shake Your Money Maker
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Lots of familiar hooks, licks and runs from this classic rock band playing the blues. Foghat had their roots in blues (check the liner notes and one-sheet) and years later has done well here with Last Train Home. They do a few originals as well as covers by legends such as Otis Rush, Elmore James, Muddy Waters and Willie Dixon. There’s some really rockin’ blues as well as some nice slower blues. (Byrd may blush at some of this stuff, it’s that good.) Eddie Kirkland guests on the last two songs. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10.
1. (5:00) Mid. Straight-ahead rock with a blues flair. Guitar solo, nice slide guitar, drum-heavy. Slow fade-out with some harmonica and keys.
2. (3:46) Mid. Vocal intro, song about drugs, a bit of ZZ Top sound, slow end.
3. (4:50) *Slow / Mid. Slow blues mourner, great guitar leads with strong piano backing.
4. (4:23) *Mid / Fast. Killer song, tight band, screaming guitar.
5. (4:39) *Mid / Fast. Blazing version of the Elmore James classic, big guitars and drums, insane piano and harmonica solos.
6. (5:59) Slow / Mid. Lead guitar intro on another Elmore James original, about the trials of love.
7. (4:40) Mid. Easy rockin’ blues, guitar-drum solos.
8. (4:44) *Mid / Fast. A Muddy Waters classic with some nice guitar and harmonica.
9. (3;56) *Fast. Jerry Lee Lewis-inspired piano on this Foghat number, instrumental with full-on energy. Kick-ass.
10. (8:12) *Mid / Fast. Fantastic rendition of the traditional (some say Muddy Waters) Rollin’ & Tumblin’ backed with the Willie Dixon number You Need Love.
11. (5:43) Slow / Mid. Guest Eddie Kirkland’s song, faithfully backed by Foghat and led by Kirkland.
12. (4:31) Mid. Another Eddie Kirkland song, laid back with backing vocals. Perfect end song.
|1.||Born For The Road||6.||It Hurts Me Too|
|2.||Needle & Spoon||7.||Feel So Bad|
|3.||So Many Roads, So Many Trains||8.||Louisiana Blues|
|4.||Last Train Home||9.||495 Boogie|
|5.||Shake Your Money Maker||10.||Rollin' & Tumblin'/You Need Love|