|Wild Nothing / Gemini|
|Artist:||Wild Nothing||Added:||Jul 2010|
|Add Date:||2010-07-18||Pull Date:||2010-09-19|
|Week Ending:||Sep 12||Sep 5||Aug 29||Aug 22||Aug 15||Aug 8||Aug 1||Jul 25|
|1.||Jan 18, 2020:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|4.||Aug 20, 2017:||moodswings |
|2.||Nov 18, 2018:||Bass Pro Shop |
|5.||Jul 06, 2017:||moodswings |
|3.||May 03, 2018:||The Flannel Underground |
|6.||Nov 27, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
Hands down one of the best recordings I have heard this year. Synth-driven indie pop with a lackidasical 80's feel but with a hidden dark side. The lyrics are open and sincere, their impeccable attention to detail effortlessly matches the intricate finely-crafted balance and intonation of one of the countless layers of instrumentation. RILY: My Bloody Valentine, early Belle and Sebastian, Cocteau Twins, etc. |
*1. Gentle vocals, priceless synth lines, and strummy rolling guitars. Kind and cool with wistful lyrics and catchy effects. An excellent pick.
2. Dreamy upbeat pop music with shoegazy guitar washes and stutter-step drumming. Excellent instrumental blend and smooth vocals.
*3. Light and airy keyboard intro explodes into an epic dreamscape of wispy diaphanous vocals, echoes of guitars, and slithering synth melodies. 20 seconds of white noise at the end. Gorgeous and enchanting.
4. A dark, swampy mess of organ and keyboards with the tinkly magic of chimes peppering the haze. Slow, deliberate lyrics of longing.
5. Upbeat and optimistic instrumentals, but with soulful, crooning lyrics of regret. Excellent interplay between guitars and keyboards.
*6. A gentle 130 BPM electronic beat gently builds and then comes to an epic climax as vocals, washes of synth, and blurry guitar lines enter the mix. A very metropolitan post-clubbing 5:00 AM feel. Lonely lyrics about loss and sufferings of relationships. We've all been there before...
7. FCC (fuck) A chill dream-pop sensation. A steady backup beat of drum machines with plucky guitars, echoing percussion, and sun-drenched vocals.
8. Hard-driving drums, and the sounds of crashing waves punctuated by loud ringing guitars and lethargic summer-hazed keyboard.
9. The song begins with fierce strumming guitars--layered ever so delicately to capture the rhythmic pitter-patter of rain. Soon, pained lyrics and slow crashing drums enter the mix.
*10. An awe-inspiring lesson in instrumentation and blend. A smooth flute introduction leads into an uptempo pop song with orchestra sections, plucky pizzicato, synth, distorted vocals, and chipper drum machines with deep emotional undertones. Bright and full of life.
11. A fast-paced galloping piece with slamming drums and sincere lyrics. Great instrumental bridges showing off delicate guitarwork and masterful keyboard interplay in the last (1 minute) instrumental.
12. An uptempo late night driving song with lots of panicked vocals and an off-putting sense of urgency.
|1.||Live In Dreams||7.||Confirmation|
|2.||Summer Holiday||8.||My Angel Lonely|
|3.||Drifter||9.||The Witching Hour|
|5.||O, Lilae||11.||Our Composition Book|