|Admiral Byrd / Goodbye Cruel Worldview|
|Album:||Goodbye Cruel Worldview||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-04-10||Pull Date:||2011-06-12|
|Week Ending:||5 Jun||29 May||15 May||8 May||1 May||17 Apr|
|1.||Sun, 30 Oct 11:||Hillstreet|
|4.||Fri, 03 Jun 11:||Trent Kay|
|2.||Tue, 09 Aug 11:||Hillstreet|
feelin' the music
|5.||Thu, 02 Jun 11:||mr. esq.|
|3.||Tue, 12 Jul 11:||Hillstreet|
feelin' the music
|6.||Thu, 26 May 11:||Trent Kay|
e hele aku a ho'i mai
Danish artist collective making indie rock music. The album is a statement on how the state of the world sucks but remains hopeful. It's texturally rich, at times hazy, shoegaze influenced, moody and dreamy. Sounds like a chilled out Mew (also Danish).|
1. Drippy intro hook. Breathy and throaty distorted vocals, sounds like they're gasping for breath at times.
2. Distorted, fuzzy plodding intro. Alternates between insistent electronic beat and vocals and shimmery Fuck Buttons-esque interludes.
3. Stripped down slow piano intro, confessional vocals breathy.
4. Scratchy shaky intro. Paranoid vocals and Dark and distorted vocals.
5. Soft, gentle snare and cymbals and vocals. Builds up with violin section and slows again.
6. Cinematic orchestral and electronic building up with breathy female vocals, space report recordings.
7. Rough, noisy guitar intro. Fuzzed out barely discernable riffs with male vocals.
8. Heavy on the reverb intro riffs, mid/slow melodic almost loungey. More thick male vocals, soft and shimmery outro.
9. Chillout/dirgey minimal electronic track. Soft drumming intro and bass line.
10. Wistful, hopeful climbing, dreamy vocals. Soft violin outro.
11. Pensive and slow electronic drone intro, layered historical recording and deeeep male vocal track. Goes in and out of the bands' distorted male vocals.
12. Fluttery and sparkly glimmers, outer space beepy drone with paranoia inducing electronic noise. Suddenly speeds up and increases in musical density at 2:40 with industrial beat.