|Old Mill / Be Not Afraid|
|Album:||Be Not Afraid||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-02-13||Pull Date:||2011-04-17|
|Week Ending:||10 Apr||13 Mar|
|1.||Apr 06, 2011:||The Donner Party |
|2.||Mar 11, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Pure indie-pop out of New York. Old Mill is a quartet with a female lead singer. Standard instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, keys. Songs are very even-sounding, not much variation, with an exception on #6. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 3, 6, 8, 11.
1. (3:59) Mid. Harsh guitar intro then bouncy tune with bass and drums. Kind of weird mix of angst and pop.
2. (4:14) Mid. Guitar / drum intro then vocal with solo bass background. Band kicks in for a staccato style song.
3. *(3:22) Slow / Mid. Cool guitar flair intro. Almost an epic feel, instrumentation a bit sparse. Nice vocal delivery.
4. (2:34) Mid. Introspective lyrics with a bit of Latin flair with the guitar work.
5. (3:20) Slow / Mid. Tambourine and hand claps, a little bit of a surf sound. Marching band sound as well.
6. *(5:13) Slow / Mid. Bass intro with some kind of shaker type instrument. Pretty mellow overall. Just a smidgen of a carnival sound. A departure from the other songs.
7. (3:41) Mid / Fast. Wailing guitar. Another epic sounding song, gets rocking, heavy guitar and drums.
8. *(3:49) Mid. Catchy and cool, with guitar soloing and nice drumbeats.
9. (3:38) Mid / Fast. Harsh, heavy beat. Lots of snare and hi-hat drumming and plodding guitar work.
10. (3:08) Mid. Drum / vocal intro. Vocals are a bit stretched out at times. Guitar solos.
11. *(3:31) Mid. Cool and hip guitar and drums. Very accessible.
12. (4;53) Slow / Mid. Spacey and soothing, with some rambunctious parts. 40 sec. of silence at end.
13. (3;37) Hidden Track ‘Fine China’. Mid. Guitar flourishes, cool drumming.
|1.||When Mama Cried||7.||Loose Tooth|
|3.||Accident Free||9.||Mysteries Of The Deep|
|4.||Business Casual||10.||Pig Sty|
|5.||Horse And Buggy||11.||57 Dollars, 29 Days|