|Redding, Otis & His Orchestra / Live On The Sunset Strip|
|Album:||Live On The Sunset Strip||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Redding, Otis & His Orchestra||Added:||07/2010|
|Add Date:||2011-05-08||Pull Date:||2011-07-10|
|Week Ending:||19 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May|
|1.||Mon, 10 Feb 20:||subroot|
Soul, Samples & Substitutions
|4.||Sun, 15 Mar 15:||The Shiney One|
Emergency Crew week 8 Part 2 with DJ Scott
|2.||Thu, 07 Jul 16:||ts porkchop|
a strange pursuit
|5.||Mon, 29 Apr 13:||Shineymic|
no way to say
|3.||Wed, 01 Apr 15:||Labiba|
|6.||Wed, 28 Dec 11:||Sunshine|
Morning Glory "Best Of 2011"
Otis Redding was known as "the king of soul." WIthin a short period of time he left an indelible mark on music. He was only 26 yrs old when he tragically died in a plane crash.|
This 2 set CD collection is a rare live recording from 1966 at the Whisky A Go Go, a Los Angeles roadhouse. He was 24 yrs old.
Interesting aside:There are 4 different versions of "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" by Rolling Stones that Redding sang & each one is different.
Try 4, 5,7,8,9,10, (Disc 1) 2, 3, 6,9, 12,14, 15, 16
1. Lively soul song with lots of horn.
2. Long.Soulful love song.
3. Slow.Filled with love & yearning.
The title tells spells it out.
4.Peppy, upbeat & has that distinct 60's soul
5. Happy, dance music. Peppy. Lots of rhythm & horn.
6. Slow, plaintive love ballad...
7. Bit gritty.
8. Carefree & happy.
9. Lively & danceable tune.
10. Satisfaction: This one is way different from
Mick Jagger's original.Got that layer of soul
& funk & lots of horn. The words seem a bit diff.
11. Slow. A little bit of pain there/
12. A love song soul style. Slow.
13. Love song with some pep.
1. Slow, love song. Stops short
of being plaintive.
2. Shorter version of Satisfaction.
The words are diff. Soul/Funk sounds
dominate. This version has that familiar
3. The guitar & horns work really well
in this passionate love song.
4.. Repeat song. Filled with joyous music
& gritty words.
5. New song sung live in 1966.
Slow love song.
6. Filled with gritty emotions.
7. Slow. Evokes that familiar emotions
of love, pain & gritty determination.
8. A bit of self-deprecation going on in
this soul number?
9. Yet another version of Satisfaction
that is diff from the other 2 versions. Words
are his own.
10. Soul + Blue=a bit sad?
11 Lots of color & passion.
12.Ffunky/soul version of Hard Day's Night.
13. Slow. The kind of song that they play at parties
for slow dancing.
14.This song pops right out.Peppy,upbeat,happy.
Signature soul sounds & rhythm like a James Brown song.
15. Signature horn sounds. Each version of this Rolling
Stone is rendered differently. Peppy.
Kamla March 25, 2011