|Miniature Tigers / Fortress|
|Artist:||Miniature Tigers||Added:||Aug 2010|
|Label:||Modern Art Records|
|Add Date:||2010-10-10||Pull Date:||2010-12-12|
|Week Ending:||Dec 12||Dec 5||Nov 28||Nov 21||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 31||Oct 24|
|1.||Jul 25, 2021:||Wee Animalcules (rebroadcast from Sep 30, 2011) |
|4.||Nov 03, 2011:||A Family Affair |
|2.||Jan 05, 2013:||Feral Pop Frenzy |
Rock N' Roll Mountain Troll
|5.||Sep 30, 2011:||Wee Animalcules |
|3.||Mar 15, 2012:||American Beauty |
Rock N' Roll Mountain Troll
|6.||May 23, 2011:||American Beauty |
Egyptian Robe, Gold Skull
Indie electronic pop. The album features a lot of falsetto singing, strumming guitars, and a lot of effects on synth. Very shimmery and layered textures, and a lot of fun to listen to. For fans of Neon Indian (he was a producer), Panda Bear, The Morning Benders. FCC Clean. Love the whole album, but if forced to pick: 4,2,1.|
*1. Mid tempo. Starts out with repetitive chiming, evolves into track with harmonized vocals and odd sound effects. Awesome! (Also: sound bite from The Sound of Music).
*2. Up-tempo. Gentle guitar strumming and falsetto voices give way to jarring rhythm guitar and banging piano chords.
3. Low tempo acoustic song w/piano chords. Harmonized vocals. Beautiful!
*4. Low tempo. Synth chiming opens, then is renegaded to the background when vocals come in, guitars, (more) synth, drums, etc. Slightly distorted vocals and harmonizations. Poppy chorus- impossible to get out of your head.
5. Mid tempo. Wailing persists throughout song. Sounds like something by The Beach Boys- very love yearn-y, w/falsetto chorus and quick, incessant guitar.
6. Mid tempo. Poppy indie rock, gets experimental towards the end, with a slowed down melody line. Interesting rhythm percussion.
7. Up tempo. Very distorted sounding guitars and drums. Falsetto voices during the chorus. Some keyboard instrument comes in at the end. Sounds a bit like VW.
8. Mid tempo. Sounds like something out of a 60s TV show. Maybe it’s the moog playing a chord sequence in the background: it has a solo of its own at the end. Hawaiian vibe going on here.
9. Mid tempo. Starts off with piano, then a halting acoustic guitar line comes in with effects in the back and falsetto vocals all over again. Guitars, bass and drums come in for chorus, die away for verses. Marching band drums add to the instrumentation
10. Mid-tempo. Female vocals (‘Coyote’ throughout song) and synth give this a funk feeling, then hand drums come in and give it an ethnic feel as well. Odd concoction.
|1.||Mansion Of Misery||6.||Egyptian Robe|
|2.||Rock N' Roll Mountain Troll||7.||Japanese Woman Living In My Closet|
|3.||Dark Tower||8.||Tropical Birds|
|5.||Bullfighter Jacket||10.||Coyote Enchantment|