|Wavves / King Of The Beach|
|Album:||King Of The Beach||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Fat Possum Records|
|Add Date:||2010-10-31||Pull Date:||2011-01-02|
|Week Ending:||2 Jan||19 Dec||12 Dec||5 Dec||28 Nov||21 Nov||14 Nov||7 Nov|
|1.||Thu, 11 Jul 19:||chickpea and onion boy|
|4.||Tue, 14 Mar 17:||a.b. en masse|
|2.||Thu, 15 Mar 18:||chickpea and onion boy|
|5.||Thu, 09 Mar 17:||The Twisted Kid|
|3.||Thu, 04 May 17:||miss black eyeliner|
|6.||Fri, 21 Oct 16:||Ogrelord|
Lo-fi surf rock from San Diego. Songs range from super carefree dreamy to childish sounding cutesy pop songs. Yes, this is one of those "fuzzy" beachy albums. RIYL: Best Coast, No Age, Surfer Blood (although Surfer Blood is much better), |
1. Upbeat, fuzzy surf rock sounds like they feel invincible.
2. Bouncy, power pop, sounds dated like its from the late '90s.
3. FCC! (shit) Giggle track intro for first 15 minutes. Dreamy vocals amidst sharp laced riffs.
4. Slow chill track; intro sounds like Jesus and Mary Chain, super soft vocals, annoying synthy boops.
5. Crunchy fuzzed out guitars. Lotsa ooh'ing.
6. FCC! (fucked up) Fast-paced rocker. Pretty backing vocals (ooh). Slows down gets weird with 30 sec left to slowest fade out ever.
7. Slow, super dubbed annoying vocals dominate over clapping sounds.
8. Cute childish carefree song with simplistic arpeggiated chords.
9. FCC! (shit) Forlorn whiny song at first turns into a crunchy rocker.
10. Blast from the past nondescript synth soft vocals.
11. Bass driven intro, midtempo more ah'ing and ooh'ing.
12. Weird, noisy outro.
|1.||King Of The Beach||7.||Baseball Cards|
|2.||Super Soaker||8.||Convertible Balloon|
|4.||When Will You Come||10.||Mickey Mouse|
|5.||Post Acid||11.||Linus Spacehead|
|6.||Take On The World||12.||Baby Say Goodbye|