|Wovenhand / Threshing Floor, The|
|Album:||Threshing Floor, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2011-02-27||Pull Date:||2011-05-01|
|Week Ending:||10 Apr||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||Apr 08, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Mar 11, 2011:||The Songsmith Show |
The Threshing Floor
|2.||Mar 16, 2011:||Brownian Motion |
The Threshing Floor
|4.||Mar 10, 2011:||Double Daydream Disaster |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Post-punk, Indian, Eastern European elements. Really moody. Think Bauhaus, Nick Cave. Standard instrumentation with some flutes. The vocals from David Eugene Edwards really sound like Peter Murphy (lead singer for Bauhaus), so it does have that feel, but goes beyond that to reach around the globe for an Eastern sound as well. Lyrics heavy on nature and religion. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 5, 9, 10, 12.
1. (3:24) Mid. Hallow, dark, droning music; echoey vocals, ominous mood.
2. *(3:07) Mid / Fast. Driving tempo. Eastern European / Indian flair. Instrumental breaks.
3. (4:20) Mid / Fast. Sitar seance with plodding drums. Lyrics about Jesus.
4. (3:55) Mid. Post-punk / goth sound. Drumstick slaps, guitar, synth / keys.
5. *(3:16) Slow / Mid. Echoey vocals, dreamy mood. Lots of cymbals, organ.
6. (3:55) Slow. Acoustic guitar predominates. Droning, dark and sparse.
7. (4:51) Slow / Mid. Post-punk. Drums, guitar, bass, keys. Another sparse, brooding song.
8. (4:55) Mid / Fast. Really has that Bauhaus feel. Keys, guitar, drums.
9. *(4:01) Mid / Fast. Cool flute, very Eastern European / Indian, yet the title is ‘Terre Haute’, which is in Indiana. Very upbeat.
10. *(5:40) Slow / Mid. Nice use of percussion: shakers, congas / bongos. Really Eastern sounding.
11. (0:53) Mid. Organ INSTRUMENTAL song.
12. *(3:35) Fast. Seemingly out of place, almost standard rock ‘n’ roll,
|1.||Sinking Hands||7.||Behind Your Breath|
|2.||The Threshing Floor||8.||Truth|
|3.||A Holy Measure||9.||Terre Haute|
|4.||Raiser Her Hands||10.||Orchard Gate|
|6.||Singing Grass||12.||Denver City|