|Mgmt / Congratulations|
|Add Date:||2010-09-26||Pull Date:||2010-11-28|
|Week Ending:||Nov 28||Nov 21||Nov 14||Nov 7||Oct 31||Oct 24||Oct 17||Oct 10|
|1.||Jun 06, 2023:||Up the Beanstalk |
|4.||Apr 30, 2022:||Lunar Echoes |
|2.||May 09, 2023:||Alien Hour |
|5.||Jan 07, 2022:||Summer Session (rebroadcast from Jul 4, 2012) |
|3.||Nov 08, 2022:||Alien Hour |
|6.||Dec 11, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
A significant deviations from Oracular Spectacular, Congratulations attempts to break new ground. Think more Phil Spector and less Flaming Lips. Upbeat and dancey, it is atmospheric without being dense. Tracks are dynamic and fun, just don't expect the same old and you'll get along fine with this new release. Start with 7, 1, 2, and 5.
FCC's on 4 only.
Reviewed by Nick.
1. ** (4:06) Opens with poppy beats and sweet androgynous vocs. Snappy and fun.
2. ** (4:09) Some classic alternative rock poppiness.
3. (2:30) Spooky distance falsetto male vocs over soft guitar. Builds into Rocky Horror style
4. (4:16) FCC (tits) Interesting and fun dancey song.
5. * (3:40) Meandering keyboards and guitar start this whispy male vocal psychedelic rock song.
6. (12:10) An epic ride through a wintery indie rock wonderland.
7. *** (4:32) UpUpUp. Hot start. Dynamic and hot lyrics accompany similar vocals. Strong beats keep it rocky and fun. Gets all jazzy and noire toward the middle, and then comes back again.
8. (4:31) Mid tempo electro suicide. Spooky keyboards keep this haunting song moving.
9. (3:55) Mid tempo. Soft rock keyboards put a smile on your face and lyrics are fun and light.
|1.||It's Working||5.||I Found A Whistle|
|2.||Song For Dan Treacy||6.||Siberian Breaks|
|3.||Someone's Missing||7.||Brian Eno|
|4.||Flash Delirium||8.||Lady Dada's Nightmare|